*picks off-meta hero*

Agreed! ^^

2 Likes

do you even know how it’s like to main an off meta hero?

i always get hated on and threatened to get reported if i pick widow, with the avoid system i’m gonna be hecked

1 Like

I feel its safe to assume most people here applauding this change have never been in our shoes before.

Most of them just play meta heroes and never experience what its like to be auto-suspended and verbally abused for playing a “off meta” hero.

Geoff words this quite well in the ‘developer update’ video. He says something to the effect of:

• we believe certain behaviors may change if the player keeps getting notifications they’re being repeatedly avoided and suffering from longer queue times
2 Likes

Behaivor changes. Lol.

More like toxic behavior enabling.

Behaviors like "You wanna play Widow?

HAHAHAHA. Not anymore you don’t.

Symmetra? Get off of that. You’re not allowed to play that anymore.

Torb? Nope.

You still want to play them regardless?

Then njoy your 30 minute queue times because this is Overwatch. You’re not allowed to play anything that is out of the meta lest you want to be punished for it"

But I guess everyone’s okay with that.

As long as they’re not the ones getting punished, its A-okay.

If and when a hero any of you enjoy gets kicked into off-meta ‘troll pick’ territory you will know what its like.

2 Likes

so maybe be a good teammate since the game is based around team work

1 Like

when top500 players get unfairly banned and will get avoided to play with, the problem is not in the players, is in the game. And this is a COWARD and LAZY move by Blizzard to solve his game problems. They’re saying: you’re gonna play what we want or you’ll get banned. You won’t be able to play Sombra, you won’t be able to play Hanzo…etc and before you start to answering about how Hanzos don’t help or something you should check what happened with Arrge, a top500 Hanzo main who got banned with +60% wr.

But if I one trick Tracer it’s fine because she’s useful most of the time, right?

Oh wait, people only care about the off-meta onetricks.

1 Like

those are just the normies that just main soldier or reinhard

It’s sad that you can get literal confirmation that other players by far do not want to play with the small minority of players who refuse to play as a team and yet people still try to blame everyone but themselves.

If everyone avoids you then you brought this on yourself. You change instead of expecting everyone else to change around you. Or make a six stack, people are no longer forced to play with you.

5 Likes

Not wanting to play with a Torb, Sym, Zarya, Mei, Widow, Hanzo, etc. one tricks is exactly why I want this feature to go live ASAP.

3 Likes

Exactly, if so many people are avoiding you then maybe you’re the problem. This isn’t people “abusing” the system, it’s using it how it’s meant to be used. So you don’t have to play with people that make the game unfun and ruin the experience.

1 Like

But, this is the exact opposite of what the spirit of competitive OW is supposed to be. You say toxic behaviors, but isn’t ruining the game for the other 11 people in it toxic?

I am all for playing any hero you want, but some heroes simply don’t really work in certain situations. Yes you CAN win on attack with torb/symm, but its much harder to do and requires the other 5 people on your team to support you to a degree that far outweighs any strengths the heroes or your personal skill bring.

Widow is a great hero in a lot of situations, but unfortunately if you cannot land your shots in a very consistent manner you are again, becoming more of a liability then you otherwise would as another hero.

Competitive is supposed to be about building a team, formulating a plan and executing the plan to win the game. Thats why there is time in spawn before the game starts, its to do all of this.

Lastly isn’t not off meta heroes that really get shamed but the concept that they bring. Sombra is very strong with her new hack, and people are slowly learning to play with her on a team. But if she isn’t getting hacks, getting kills and helping the team, the player needs to switch. Just like a tracer player who cannot hit their shots that game. If what you are doing isn’t working you should switch.

1 Like

picks off-meta hero that got nerfed Avoid, avoid, avoid, REPORTED, avoid. Yeah, must be great to be so braindead as to only play the meta. 27 heroes in the game, but PFFT.

When that happened I stopped onetricking, switched, and continued playing without an issue. Is that really too much to ask?

Dude it’s not even an “off meta” issue. I once had a game as Tracer where I did over 16,000 damage and had four gold medals, and was STILL yelled at to swap until the very end of the game.

There are people who want complete control over what the team consists of, and those people are tools. Let them avoid you - why would you want to play with them anyway?

Honestly, I suspect the “Omg swap off X!” people are going to be avoided more so than anyone else. >.>

1 Like

Why doesn’t Kephrii get that? Oh yeah, because he’s good. Listen, dude, most people don’t mind you playing Widow, she can be very strong. But if you’re not getting picks and refuse to switch, can you really blame them for wanting to avoid you?

People have only two slots. If your that horrible to play with where so many people keep you in a slot for an entire week, enough to affect your queue times, that’s pretty impressive.

Kephrii is well known and is in GM. Don’t try to compare him to some random forum poster. In lower ranks people don’t like playing with a Widow. You can be as good as you like, people will still get toxic even before the match starts.

1 Like

Did you know that McCree or Zarya are off meta ?
But no one will complain if you pick them

4 Likes