Pharah is too old canonically

Pharah is 32 on the official page, but Mercy and Mcree are only 37. Yet in Ana’s origin story you can see that Pharah is a child when Mercy and Mcree are adults. The oldest Pharah could be in that short is 12, and you could say that then Mercy and Mcree was just 17 when they first joined Overwatch but that couldn’t be the case because Mercy initially had to get her doctors degree, and become the head surgeon of a Swiss hospital, then make a breakthrough in nanobiology science. She couldn’t have done all of that in the matter of her teen years. Then you also have Mcree who was in the deadlock gang which is possible for him to do in his teen years but he is the same age as Mercy so I doubt he went straight from deadlock to Overwatch. Pharah should be around the age of Brigitte, another Overwatch child, which is 23.

Mercy was not a member of Overwatch in that picture. She was visiting from college, and would not join Overwatch until her late 20s. McCree was recruited from Deadlock at 17.

Source: “Thinking Globally: Building the Optimistic Future of Overwatch” (Michael Chu, GDC 2017)

11 Likes

To add to the Doctor’s information, Pharah was born before Overwatch and the Omnic Crisis, whereas Brigitte was born after.

Correct. She had accomplished none of that when the picture was taken. She was a family friend of the Lindholms since she was a child, and it makes sense that she grew up around them given that circumstance. It is even possible she was adopted by them, but much of her past is still unknown.

He did.

6 Likes

But wasn’t the Omnic crisis only 7 years before present day Overwatch? Also thx for all the info guys.

True. He got arrested then recruited by Gabe, (Reaper), into Blackwatch.

The omnic crisis ended ~25 years before Recall. You’re thinking of the King’s Row Uprising, which was 7 years ago.

2 Likes

Most of the confusion I see is people not understanding when things happened by entire decades.

2 Likes

No she is not too old. The photograph doesn’t necessarily mean that those people were members. Mercy wasn’t at the time. She was just a friend of the Lindholms. Also I’m pretty sure McCree has been in Overwatch since he was younger.

Two possibilities

1. Pharrah just had a baby face.

2. You play way to much overwatch and need to not read into it so much

Bonus. Read the other comments that explain stuff?!?

Omg why would you say that this is a serious discussion

What are you even doing here you destiny 2 player you dont understand overwatch lore

wtf am I reading

1 Like

This is…kinda hard to imagine for me now, as I am in the middle of the book about Ashe and Cree and they just literaly met and gonna form their gang, yet are described as adults already.

whoever was on charge of the inception of the overwatch lore (michael chu?) didnt think a lot of things, the timeline its a complete mess, they cancelled pve, no omre story missions, barely any cinematic or comic, fine, i dont care, death game, but before dying give us a complete timeline

1 Like

If only Overwatch had an actual story that made sense. :yin_yang: