Pharah completely lost her identity

Two things made Pharah Pharah

1. Needing clever positioning to make up for being a sitting duck in the air
  2. Predicting enemy movement to land very slow projectiles

Both of those things are gone now. They completely casualized her to pander players who can’t handle silver 4 20% accuracy pharah players (edit: found some examples in the replies)

This might somehow actually be worse than the bastion rework in terms of totally gutting a hero’s identity

Warning: Sea of cope from players who couldn’t hit pharah below.

31 Likes

Lol

30 Likes

shes bad playing her now

7 Likes
  1. Forcing your support to go Mercy because they’re playing Widow/Soldier and you keep dying
26 Likes

I have never thought about her identity that way. To me, she is flying lady with a rocket launcher. That didn’t change :person_shrugging:

42 Likes

I haven’t played it yet.

But with about 3000+ hours on TRIBES, Team Fortress 2, and Hawken, it looks amazing.

3 Likes

dude she was literally a watered down version of soldier with a jetpack
if anything this makes her more balanced so she cant just fly in the air forever

2 Likes

except she can barely fly anymore

7 Likes

she cant even fly a few seconds now lol

7 Likes

dont care, she shouldn’t be in the air 24/7 in the first place

13 Likes

she could never be in the air 24/7

4 Likes

I loved release pharah, before the infinite flight shenanigans. I think it’s amazing, pharah finally have back her identity of poking, unpredictable positioning and tools to support the "go in " phase.

I still miss the juggling, but that’s minor.

4 Likes

dude, you hav enot seen good pharahs then, they are always in the air and it forces my team to always lock soldier bastion so we dont get cooked by pharmercy

3 Likes

I just hard solo carried two games in a row with new Pharah. She is SO much easier and better. Projectiles are faster, she has more movement, concussion blast does damage, dude she’s big stronk right now.

I sucked at Pharah before but I just went like 23/3 last game against a Soldier Sojourn

i hovered about 80-82% but thats not 24/7 it takes skill to hover that much

1 Like

The identity is still there, the gameplay style still changed

Big snoozer on the “identity” argument when the character’s abilities are all generally the same

17 Likes

so basically most of the game you are flying in the air

Do you not see how this is a problem though

Forces a hitscan pick or you simply lose and that’s bad design

1 Like

Do you play the hero? She may, but Fareeha isn’t particularly good when pitted up in GM/T500; I don’t find her qualified enough to make a statement on it especially if you’re 7 years into the game and 100-700 matches in a season hovering the bottom of GM every 3 months. The change to her jet pack mobility is a blunder, putting it lightly.

It’s obvious in gameplay that they had to reduce the rocket launcher self-damage because the way she plays now is like a point blank bouncy ball.

Edit:

This thread is absolutely filled with confirmation bias right now. Folks having a good match in a low rank bracket and perceiving it as a benefit. Once the honeymoon phase wears off I’m certain a different tune will be sung.

2 Likes

No she’s not lol

She feels real smooth move around with now

1 Like