Pharah changes will kill symmetra. We need sym buffs

The new pharah buffs are great and all but I am confident blizzard did not check to see how this would impact certain heroes. Such as symmetra. Symmetra is an f tier hero who is considered a troll pick by many. She has glaring issues such as terrible survivability, unable to pressure the enemy, terrible duel options and much more

She also is countered by guess who, you it’s pharah

And guess who is getting some buffs, no not sym that would make too much sense, it’s pharah!

Pharah already anihalayes sym and this buff is the nail in the coffin for sym

This change will KILL symmetra and any slight progress we made with the rework will disappear when this goes through. I bash the rework a lot because it didn’t do much, but it did make her a little better. It didn’t make her no where near balanced as she is still a bad pick but she is a little better. But now even that slight progress will be lost in wake of a better pharah

Pharah will be more mobile with her reduced concusive blast cool down and guess what, pharahs air mobility is what kills sym. More pharahs means less syms, and she’s already at a. 0.70 percent pickrate so how much lower can we go.

The only thing sym can do agaisnt the pharah is try to tp around to negate her air pressure. So guess what, she will be even MORE of a tp bot and more of her value will be shifted to her tp. And I remember Jeff saying having a majority of a heroes value being tied to one ability is bad

This change will actually make sym unplayable, and we have to do something. If you were on the fence about Buffong sym then this should be your tipping point

Im not saying to not buff pharah, I’m saying that this is the last straw and will end sym and that we should buff sym because she can’t conitnue like this

It’s very simplle, sym is already really bad, now you buff her hardest counter, she will end up useless

The fix, just buff the useless hero

Simple

17 Likes

Since when did pharah not counter sym? This is literally nothing new. Pharah always has and will be a sym counter.

73 Likes

The pharah buff is what will end sym

2 Likes

But she gets less splash now so it should be easier to utilize cover to avoid her?

20 Likes

The hardcounters are a bad design

5 Likes

She will move around a lot better with the reduced concussive blast keeping her away from sym and sipping around to find better angles and a better fire rate to make sym have less breathing room

3 Likes

Just about nothing will change ,you’re getting destroyed now and will get destroyed then ,you might die 0.2 seconds faster but what’s the difference ,really ?

9 Likes

the tides have changed-

wait doesn’t pharah counter like half the cast already

7 Likes

Sym is a great character and I love playing her. If you are going up against a pharah you will have to play around her. Keep under cover and send your turrets up high. If that is too hard for you or if you can’t seem to get any value from Sym you should think about changing to another character.

3 Likes

Pharah will be picked a lot more even if your team may try to counter her with other heroes that they play

Also more mobility in the Air will make a big difference and more CC that sym can’t do a thing about? Yea this is bad

1 Like

Are you serious? Pharah already poos on her…

1 Like

It’s not a buff, if anything Pharah will now counter Symmetra a lot less because of her splash damage/knockback being reduced.

4 Likes

Uhh no

More mobility means she can play angles even better and be able to catch sym out a lot more and a faster fire rate means faster damage and sym has no mobility or anything to survive her attacks so you aren’t going to miss

She will be pelted with rockets even more and from more angles

1 Like

The only mobility she gets is via the reduced CD on Concussive Blast, which doesn’t allow her to shoot at you better but rather to escape being focused by a bit more frequent.

2 Likes

It allows you to move around the air and take angles a lot better

Pharah uses her blast to not be a floating target. She will be able to take more angles better and more frequent with her new mobility

1 Like

Guess what Pharah needs to be near in order to do use her blast on herself?

I’ll give you a hint, it’s the same thing Sym’s new thrown turrets can stick to.

If Pharah’s constantly using her blast on herself, that means she’s constantly on a wall for you to just throw turrets up and melt her. If you’re smart about it, you can use the “buff” to your advantage.

4 Likes

By the time your turret hits the wall she will be gone

You cannot use syms turrets as a reactive ability, that just isn’t what they are

2 Likes

Then think ahead,

I’ve seen plenty of turrets in high places meant for Pharah. Now she actually has to go towards them to use her blast. And when she has to turn around to shoot them, that’s time she’s not shooting you and getting hit by free damage.

4 Likes

I do use my turrets reactively but they are easily killed and there is no guarantee that pharah will go the way of the turret and also a mercy pocket negates this

No but there are pretty safe bets that Pharah will almost always go.

Classic “The enemy has a teammate so I lose a 2v1”.
You have 5 teammates of your own, surely one of them can help take care of the Pharah in the first place.

6 Likes