Pharah changes will kill symmetra. We need sym buffs

bUt SyMmEtRa HaS nO SuRvIvAbIlIty

1 Like

Using hyperbole isn’t going to help get Sym the tweaks she needed, especially when it’s a minor buff to a character that already counters her.

5 Likes

I try to bait pharahs into locations up high I placed my turrets. The being able to throw turrets help but yeah generally you cant do much to her.

There are multiple areas for pharah to go

Pharah mercy is different because those two were made specifically to be a combo

Also even as a lie pharah one turret won’t do much

Sure you can ball three of them up but then if she goes a different route that’s a 30 seacond cooldown wastes

Symmetra will not be good agaisnt pharah apart from niche situations where the pharah is really dumb and allows turrets to kill her

1 Like

Won’t Pharah be forced to fly lower now? That should make it easier to hit her wth an orb.

Is it hyperbole though

Pharah mobility buffs and faster attack speed will crush sym because her crippling counter is getting better in the Sara’s that counter sym

Yeah, this will be bad for Sym.

Right now Pharah is kind of hosed when she encounters a turret because of her bad mobility. One sneaky turret can do serious damage or even kill her if you’re lucky. With this, Pharah will have a much better chance to get away.

Really, I’m just not sure about these changes from other angles too. It’s also going to make Pharah less strong of a Brigitte counter, and that’s like her only legitimate use.

1 Like

Just need to pay attention.

I’m not trying to argue that. She’s always going to be countered by Pharah.

I’m just saying there are always way to play around your counters if you’re just smart.

1 Like

What kinda pharah goes the same place every time

Actually it’s kinda easy to predict air turrets once you know to look for them

Sure it can work and good syms will do this but it isn’t going to stop these pharah buffs from ending her

Pharah will always counter a Symmetra. Although there are times where you can have well placed turrets and an orb and get a shutdown. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But now these buffs will make it even worse

let’s be real, any sym changes are going to irritate the 3 Sym mains out there even more.

That being said, the new Pharah changes are even significant in a positive way. Take it from a Pharah main. They’re more of a hinderance than actually supportive.

The fact you think they’ll “OBLITERATE” Sym really goes to show me how much you actually play Pharah or understand the changes. Pharah is still her counter, but new Pharah penalizes splash damage meaning the net damage output is actually lowered.

She’s still countered, but to less of an extent previously, you should be happy not worried.

1 Like

Number buffs to sym wouldn’t get anyone angry

One of pharahs greatest strengths is being able to take angles in the air and taking positions that no one else can because of her flight. She will be able to take different angles a lot quicker and there by being able to catch sym out more

Pharah will be able to get angles to take out sym a lot more often, more frequently and with less risk. Sure MAYBE it will take an extra rocket to kill her if your really bad but in the end she will have more opportunities to kill sym

Also a pharah isn’t going to miss a sym because she’s kinda easy to hit with no mobility

I mean sym puts up very little resistance agaisnt pharah

She always was difficult for Sym. Pharah’s pick rate will probably drop after the changes though. She is much less accessible to people who either can’t aim or don’t understand the extent of her mobility. And most of the Pharahs you see tend to sit out in the sky box and spam rockets that used to have a very forgiving splash.

This just summarizes how misguided you are.

You’re complaining about a symmetra counter getting nerfed.
Sure symmetra has low mobility but you don’t get locked into place if you get hit and symmetra is a small target.
Hitting directs at range is harder than you think.

3 Likes

Here’s a thought. If they’re running a Pharah and is locking your Symmetra down, maybe… switch?

2 Likes

Symmetra orbs are harder to land then rockets

I understand how hard they are

Pharah gets to attack from a ton of angles

This ain’t a nerf because it isn’t hard to hit a rocket

Pharahs aim mechanics aren’t difficult, what makes pharah hard is her need of gamesense and knowledge to take angels

Not her rockets

And genji shurikens are harder to land at range than a symmetra orb what’s your point?

You’re not an anti pharah pick.
You’re directly countered with or without any buffs/nerfs to pharah.

3 Likes

I mean anyone that plays Sym now knows she’s just a discount Pharah until she gets more qol or buffs to her kit to keep up with the pace of team fights.

She’s been long mobility creeped out the game and she can catch up once they take away the clunkiness of her TP

I made the comparison because sym orbs have the exact same damage and hit box they just travel slower so I do understand how hard it is to hit her rockets

I didn’t compare her rockets to a mode of fire that was completely different

You are countered harder when your counter gets buffs especially to the areas that makes them counter you

1 Like