Petra is too big

The problem isn’t the afk timer. Just make it a 12 player map. No reason each map couldn’t have it’s own player limit.

1 Like

More climbing routes would help us get to fights faster. Quite a few times I’ve heard enemies above me but I miss them because the nearest jump pad/climbable terrain is too far away.

How about for characters like Rein in any FFADM game? I experience the same thing on other maps, even when I’m shielding damage. The inactivity warning only counts doing damage, and as Rein, shielding for the right moment to strike is key. So if you spawn, look around a bit for someone, finally find them and start shielding waiting for them to reload, all of a sudden the inactivity warning pops up and you gotta decide between taking the no experience hit, or dropping your shield early to do damage and hope it doesn’t get you killed. It’s aggravating.

This is great news. Thanks Bill.

Why can’t you fix the AFK-timer in custom games?
Me and my friends plays some deathmatch FFA in custom games.
And sometimes we do some sneaky stuff to each other, and the afk warning pops up.

So yeah, it would be neat if you could turn it of or something. :confused:

As annoying as the AFK timer is, and manner in which is basically forces errors as you start to rush around trying to find someone, the whole matter of spending ages looking for a fight is a problem in and of itself.

It’s not just ‘unfun’ but especially in the competitive mode, but even in normal mode it actually feels pretty punitive, when you’re looking around for ages and someone else has racked up 4-5 kills in that time.

The map itself is a problem, it’s not just about the timer.

While you are at it saying that you are looking into things, how about telling us that you are actually looking into sombra. We have been posting dozens of videos showing that her hack is extremely bugged since your nerf to her and we haven’t heard a word from you guys.

You do realize the feedback was it’s too big, not to adjust the AFK timers, right?

I get that, that is a quick fix… but come on man.

2 Likes

I’m with you, it’s not the root of the problem, it’s a consequence of the problem.

1 Like

That’s a pretty large over exaggeration there.

Not really, you ever try to stay out of the basement? So many games were a junkrat was killing every one down there. If you try to stay up top you better catch some one as they spawn before they run down.

I’ve never gotten the full penalty on the Chateau, but I have been warned a few times. Especially if you have a few leavers and there are less than 8 players.

I like Petra, there is way more chance of 1v1 than Chateau’s mess and kill steals. Please don’t change Petra.

2 Likes

Petra is my favorite map, feels more like a FFA map where you can have some strategy and brawls instead of just random fire fights and kills.

1 Like

I really love the Petra FFA map - also like the Chataeu.

I can’t say I ever have real difficulty finding anyone to fight - sound cues make it easy to find/follow most characters.

I also like that the fights tend to play out as smaller 2-3 man duels rather than the large scrums and kill steal fests that you tend to see on the smaller and more open conversion maps, and the health pack placement and strategies are a lot more interesting on the dedicated FFA maps.

honestly, It isn’t something that always happens but when it does it give you a moment to think. It only really happens when hot spots form and ppl are rushing back to the same place that everyone is fighting at . So it more of the players fault than the maps fault.

lets say that they shrink the map now. you would have taken the fun out of the map. it meant to be big enough that you don’t see a person around every corner and if you want to see a person there is another map for that. let’s not try basing what every map should be like compared to another map we won’t have any variety that way

It’s literally against the CoC, it’s prohibited, and could get you silenced from the forums.

It’s annoying bringing old posts back, as I said, instead of bringing old topics back just make one of your own

Blizzard Edit: Since this topic is so old, it’s being locked to prevent further posting. If you have anything further to add to the the conversation, please create a new topic.