Petra is too big

I am getting AFK warnings because I can’t find any other players on the map.

Most other DM maps, you can barely turn a corner without running into another player (which is a good thing IMO, it keeps the game frantic) but here, it’s not uncommon to wander around for a whole minute without so much as getting shot at.

129 Likes

Seems like the custom DM maps have that issue. I kind of felt the Chateau was too big as well. If you didn’t go down into the cellar you could easily never find any one. Every one always just piled down into that death trap.

3 Likes

Same, I got an afk warning because there was NO ONE in sight

3 Likes

It’s making me really happy to see other people share this opinion. Everyone in-game gave me sh*t for pointing it out. “Just play Pharah” was getting really old really fast, especially since I can’t play her that well and it also made zero difference. Hopefully our voices will be heard. This map is ridiculous.

11 Likes

I both like it and hate it for this reason

Like it because it means I can’t get flashbanged and FTH by enemy Mccrees after barely taking a step

Dislike because GOOD GOD it’s open as all hell. A Widowmaker can easily perch somewhere and dominate the entire match while you’re unable to get to her at all.

10 Likes

Agreed, I thought the Chateau was mazelike but Petra’s even more confusing

3 Likes

I love it :confused:
But I’m a Pharah main.

yet again the super HIGH highground and the ground bein so below it makes it not easy to find enemies

Yeah it’s a really bad map for DM

Had the same thing happen to me

7 Likes

There’s jump pads all over the place.

Plus you can always jump down from the top, it’s not like you take falling damage in this game.

There’s plenty of places to duck into and shelter if a Pharah is shooting from the center, too.

1 Like

ye but everyone is always movin either outside where there is jump pads (2) but the tricky part is when you get inside, it looks like a maze and you have no vision of it from outside due to the fact that entrance doors are small and rooms/halls are also tiny thats why CC and spam heroes get ez wins.

There are literally two jump pads, and they’re on the outskirts of the map, leading to only one highground point.

That doesn’t mean the high ground can’t be too high or be too much.

There’s also a lot of places where you can spawn and not run into an enemy for so long that you get an AFK warning.

4 Likes

Beautiful map but for the amount of people that play on it, it is way too small. I got the same message. Its just boring because of that.

5 Likes

Weird. I never had such problem.
Also it is very easy to figure out where the others are by the footsteps.

4 Likes

Okay it feels like they’re all over the place cause I’m always walking by them lol.

I agree but I like the layout with the center having three tiers of landings. I think it can make for a lot of really dynamic games.

I haven’t yet experienced this, but when I respawn I usually either head for the center or the area around the outer jump pad.

1 Like

I went and plugged in some headphones that I consider to be of nicer quality for this exact purpose during my games. There aren’t even bullet sounds. it’s THAT bad.

5 Likes

Got one too, ended up dying cuz I had stopped to read it, ugh.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed that.
The map’s cool and all but finding people is just a bit too difficult at times…

5 Likes

Weird… I don’t have that problem. I just listen for the sound of shooting or footsteps, and head in that direction. When in doubt, I check the pit area.

Don’t worry though…we were ensured that the mega health pack would be a point of focus…wa wa waaaaa.

3 Likes