Petition to Remove Hammond!

Absolutely no one:

OP: “PETITION TO REMOVE HAMMOND!”

A: AREA DENIED

2 Likes

this guy wasn’t playing before Hammond was out and doesn’t know…

I’ve played this game since it’s release. The worst part of the game has been Hammond existing.

Hammond is like the only reason playing tank is fun :confused:

1 Like

I apologize, but I highly disagree. I have fun with Dva, Winston, I dislike Reindhart and find him more interesting than Hammond. Sigma. I detest Roadhog and find HIM more interesting than Hammond. Out of all the cast in the game, Hammond is the only character that makes me disgusted to the point where I hope they kick the guy who made him off the design team. He doesn’t have to lose his job, but he should lose every chance he had to make another character.

We can take out the subjective part aka “I love/hate to play hero X” and look at it from a more objective point of view.

The ball offers a faster game pace and protection to teammates by not holding up a shield but rather by smashing into the enemies making the positioning of everyone more dynamic which breaks up games that otherwise would be kind of trench warfare. The character itself have a really high skill cap due to all the various variables, many of which are appealing to people like me who like playing tracer, while not being completly useless in lower ranks as long as the person don’t feed and just go in with the team so from a balance perspective across ranks and skill brackets he’s a lot better than many other characters.

Overall I think blizzard are rather happy with the gameplay change hammond have introduced to the game as they’d probably would have changed him by now if not.
And I don’t think blizzard cares much for anecdotal stories from people who love/hate something on a forum, especially one where most of the threads have a rather low quality when determining the success of something they introduce or change.
They probably determine that based on all the game data they collect along with player feedback to see if those findings correlates with their goals for certain change.
And no, “player feedback” isn’t only the pros, they actually do send out surveys to normal players which often have very specific questions about certain debate topics because that way they can actually get constructive feedback and make it into good data. The questions asked indicate that they do send it out to players of all skill ranks but if it’s completely random mails they send it to or if they pick players that are more active or whatever I don’t know.

3 Likes

Thank you for giving a constructive viewpoint. A lot of criticism I’ve gotten has been… Not so pleasant to say the least. But you’ve actually made clear points that were constructive and actually consise.

Generally, I like characters like Tracer too and I like fast paced characters. I main Dva and honestly my favorite thing about her is the fact that she can fly. I don’t think I agree with Hammond having a higher skill cap. Generally, there is no “wrong” decision with someone like Hammond as far as where he should place himself or going in. With characters like Winston or Dva, this is a case. You have to actually be sure of when the right opportunity to move is. And nobody can catch up to Hammond cause of his consistently fast movement. Not only that, but he knocks people CONSTANTLY and can stall better than any character in the game while being predictable about it. It pretty much is a huge time waster. They don’t need to be that decisive about how to attack, when to use their tools or where to put them. I’ve knocked Hammonds off the stage off Dva and THAT took far more work than any boops Hammond has to go through. The guy can boop into you while you boop into him and he’ll STILL come out on top. He can’t be body blocked, he can move around where ever he pleases most of the time and even if I see a really bad Hammond, they’ll still manage to do good when it’s noticeable they almost never play the character. He’s obnoxious and the idea the overtime in games are shorter now is laughable to me. If a long overtime happens in Overwatch, every instance in my head recalls Hammond. He’s there and he’s gonna come back after dying anyhow and do it again and again and again. Even if you do manage to win, it was like a piece of you was torn apart by that furry freak of nature.

Blizzard is happy with anything that happens in this game. They ultimately have any say and part of their rules sounds like you have to treat them like gods. They say “They appreciate constructive criticism”, but there’s no such thing with them. You can’t criticize them in any fashion or manner without getting torched. He wasn’t a success imo, just a huge annoyance. He makes the game obnoxious as hell. If that’s what they were trying to do, then good job, they did it. But as far as gameplay value? He is one of the reasons I kind of hate this game. I’ll have matches where I’ll LOSE and still not be upset about it. But then Hammond appears and every bit of patience I had with this game is gone. Recently, I lost a game with NO Hammond and was “Okay, that was fun. :slight_smile: I’m fine.” Later on, I had a game where there was a Hammond. A really, really bad one to say the least. He played Dva first and was better at that and STILL wasn’t that good with Dva. He was even worse with Hammond and got results while also killing himself in the process, in a very pathetic fashion.

The guy got only ONE ult with Hammond the whole game and he was STILL annoying. He put them in the worst spot too, where nobody got hit by them.

“There is no wrong decision with Hammond” - False if the other team is actually trying to counter you and you engage with their CC abilities off CD, you’ll likely either die or give serious ult charge. Similar to if you engage without Adaptive shields plus no exit route.

He can’t be body blocked - This only applies if he’s at top speed, his momentum can be stopped by many things and then you can body block him in rooms.

Wrecking Balls release was a success (IMO) - Wasn’t released in an OP state, Took skill to master/get value, didn’t slot straight into a meta. Was fun to play (obviously subjective)

Will point out again just because you find a hero “Annoying” doesnt mean they should be removed. Give balance ideas instead.

Everyone is going to have heroes they find annoying, I for example would LOVE to see Sombra/Mei removed as theyre the most anti-fun heroes in the game… but they wont remove them so I deal with it and if I were to do a forum post i would do potential changes.

To me Wrecking Ball is one of the most fun heroes to play and at a point was the only reason I kept playing OW, as i’ve said on other posts, the only reason ball is played a lot now is because he’s FUN to a lot of people and most other tanks are in a terrible state, If you remove/nerf WB without some serious changes else where in the game you’ll probably see even MORE tank players leaving which OW frankly cant afford right now.

3 Likes

It’s a troll post - this thread. The person is very obviously not in his/her right mind and is highly narcissistic. He’s/She’s ‘annoyed’ therefore everyone around them must hurry as fast as possible to “appease” them.

In other threads, people actually give reasons as to why something needs to be removed or changed. The first sentence of this topic is, “I know how to counter Hammond but I just don’t want to because he’s annoying.” And the only people that will agree with him will be the bronze and silver players that have absolutely no clue about what 90% of the heroes on this game actually do - so they are mad.

This post should have been removed by the moderators in the first 10 seconds it was created.

2 Likes

Alright, dude, shut your mouth. You have NO idea what narcissistic is. You have NEVER met one and it’s clear. I’ve met one and it sucked. But SHUT your MOUTH, you embarrassing human being.

You dont get to tell someone to “shut their mouth” on a public forum. Try again.

1 Like

And what gives YOU the right to label me the way you do? You’ve been a complete and utter jerk the whole time. Hearing from you has been the worst part of my thread. The first thing to piss me off this year, is YOU! So tell me, what makes YOU any better of a person.

The fact that I don’t need to tell people how “disgusting” they are because they are “gamers.” You don’t even have any valid point for removing Hammond. You said you want him removed because he “annoys” you.

1 Like

It’s a character in the game. You’ve made NOTHING but DIRECT ATTACKS OVER A VIDEO GAME! OVER A GAME! YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT NARCISSISTIC?! YOU SAID THAT ANYONE WHO DOESN’T “LEARN TO ADAPT TO THE GAME SHOULD BE REMOVED”!

I wish I could block you, because you’re unconstructive. It’s funny, bNy disagreed with me and was polite and constructive about it. I even gave him a Like. As for YOU?! You’re a HORRIBLE person! STOP WASTING MY TIME! CAUSE THAT’S ALL YOU ARE!

Can you type in caps AND increase the font so I can hear you better?

2 Likes

You should probably try to stick to the topic of your post. It’s a discussion forum. I’m still waiting for your “valid” point as to why Hammond needs to be removed. So far the only reason you have is that he “annoys” you.

1 Like

I’m going to report you. Have fun.

This is amazing reading not gonna lie

1 Like

That’s your choice. I’ll be watching this thread until it’s closed or dead…waiting for a valid reason as to why Hammond should be removed since it’s a “petition.”

2 Likes

Again, bNy was constructive. Neither you or Mojito have been. Go away. And no, you really aren’t. You just trying to harass me along with your butt buddy.