Petition to Remove Hammond!

First thing’s first, I know how to deal with this character, I just don’t want to.

Now, moving on. When this game was first being released, I remember Jeff Kaplan saying “This game’s first focus would be fun”, unfortunately this was relatively a lie cause this game has become less fun in a lot of ways throughout it’s time.

But the last straw for me has been Hammond. I realize if you stun him, hack him, etc… Hammond becomes a lot easier to deal with. But honestly, I don’t want to deal with this character period. There are characters in the game who annoy the living hell out of me, but none them compare to Hammond.

1. He almost never fights actual fights.

2. He can go in and out of his ball form whenever he please, meaning he can run away, go in and boop you whenever he pleases and his head disappears.

3. When he stalls, it’s the most annoying thing ever. Irritating to say the least. He isn’t fighting, but just being one, big, obnoxious, nuisance.

4. His boops outweigh yours. If you boop him while he’s spinning around constantly, his boops take priority. It barely even slows him down or anything. You can’t body block him cause of it either.

5. His ultimate happens WAYYYYYYY too often. By the time his mines get off the field, he can put another set down about 20 seconds later. Even if he hasn’t fought, even if he hasn’t actually killed anything, this happens.

6. He has quite a bit of CC such as slamming you into the air. Like it’s not bad enough that this guy has an infinite CC while slamming into you and sometimes accidentally knocking you off the stage. If I see a Hammond knock a player off the stage, it’s almost never on purpose. Most of the other tank characters have to go through hell in comparison.

7. He’s one of the consistently fastest characters in the game. When you fight him, even if you drive him off, he just runs away and finds the nearest med-kit unless you have someone who can CC him in an appropriate way. Otherwise, he’s just a huge aggravation.

8. When you do kill him, he comes back really, really fast anyways.

But the biggest thing? A lot of these factors make him one of if not THE most annoying character in the game. Even if I go into quickplay, I cross my fingers that I don’t have to deal with Hammond so I can actually have fun. Does anyone else actually have fun facing against Hammond? He’s annoying, obnoxious, irritating, it’s like they wanted to create a character who could ban fun from the game.

9 Likes

The p word is not allowed my dude.

You mean petition? I’m guessing you’re joking lol. I figure it’ll be an uphill battle and Blizzard won’t listen (Cause when do they ever?) But, am willing to try without showing hostility and hopefully keeping this a calm discussion.

I’m not.

It is “frowned upon” which actually means not allowed to (certain) mods, even though it really doesn’t in terms of the English language.

I’m also not allowed to discuss actions taken by mods so that’s about all I can say.

I doubt they’ll ever remove a character either, though I wouldn’t mind if the hamster disappeared.

7 Likes

Really? I didn’t know that. That’s kind of far. People say wayyyy worse things in the forums and game for that matter without getting banned. But banning people for mentioning a petition is pretty lowbrow imho. Well, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. Though tbh, and I’ll get in trouble for saying this I’m sure, I have very little respect for Blizzard’s policies

Some of them even state that we have to treat blizzard like kings essentially. I’d go a step further, but am sure they’d get upset if I used a biblical word. It states “constructive criticism” is acceptable, but I feel like that it’s self is a lie.

2 Likes

So basically, you want him removed because you can’t be bothered to deal with him? Yeah, no.

7 Likes

It’s more cause, he makes the game less fun. He is the most annoying character in the game and kind of makes the game an obnoxious mess. He takes less skill than people pretend he does, and honestly, I’d rather deal with any other character over him. It’s not that I can’t be bothered to deal with him, I feel like nobody SHOULD have to deal with THAT.

4 Likes

I don’t think he is. I thought I read somewhere that any type of protesting on the forums against Blizzard or Overwatch as a whole can result in a suspension or ban. I think this would include calls for boycotts and petitions, but I’m not too sure. Just tread lightly, because even my use of the phrase “Blizzard” could be construed as a violation of forum rules.

Regarding your post about Hammond, I do think he’s annoying to deal with not as an enemy and a team member, but I just don’t think all of the vitriol is justified. He doesn’t need to be deleted, but maybe he could be punished more if he gets stopped, or they could give ult charge to enemies that damage his shields. Reinhardts, for example, are naturally designed to play with the team and offer direct support, but Hammond was clearly designed to be a lot more dependent that’s best served in flanking missions. I think his ult is pretty counterable, especially since some characters can feed off it like Zarya, and others like Winston can clear out a wide assortment of them quickly. It’s a tricky subject given his unique design, but he’s far from a character that should be “deleted.”

1 Like

Leave the hamster alone
Don’t anger the hamster
The hamster will find you
The hamsters sends his sincerest regards

Complaining about WB making the game less fun simply because he can be “annoying” whilst heroes like Sombra/Mei are in the game is such a dumb complaint.

While we’re at it, Zen is annoying to play against and his discord orb is obnoxious can we remove him to then? Or maybe Anti nade? cause nobody should have to deal with being unable to be healed? (This is sarcasm)

5 Likes

I feel like you probably hate Sombra and Mei cause they counter Dva. I main Dva myself, very much so to the point where I don’t even switch off of her. That said, I’d rather deal with Sombra and Mei over Wrecking Ball. No matter who I play, no matter what character I am, no matter what I do, Wrecking Ball will always be extremely annoying.

Yeah, those other characters have things that are “annoying about them”. But Hammond is just annoying, period. I can’t think of one thing that’s not annoying about him. Zen at least takes some skill, so he gets my respect. Ana does too and both of them are slow and can barely move. They specialize in what they do and I can notice a good Ana or good Zen. When I see Wrecking Ball, even if they’re bad they’re still “good”.

Not only that, but he’s just annoying in every aspect of how he functions mechanically. I’d rather deal with everyone you listed over Hammond. And save your sarcasm for someone that’ll get hurt by it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He makes the game less fun for YOU but hate to break it to you, you are not the only player that matters in overwatch

2 Likes

I’ve met quite a few people who feel the same way. The only people who tend to like him are people who play him, but otherwise? I’ve heard many people say they hate Hammond and have heard a lot of people on OWL that stream their videos talk about how they hate Hammond. A good amount from what I’m told by reliable enough sources.

2 Likes

Well i cant play him to save my life and just like all the heros in the game sometimes he gets annoying but no there is no hero in this game that ruins the fun for me, Annoying =/= ruined fun

1 Like

He ruins my fun. In my last game, we won. Even with that, I had no fun. It was irritating and every moment he was on the map was aggravating.

Maybe because your team where not switching their heros to deal with him and force him to switch

1 Like

No, he was just annoying. We had a McCree and overall, the team handled him well enough when they picked up. But his mere existence was just annoying. Even when I try to play quickplay just to have fun, if he’s there, I’m not gonna have fun and know it.

No I dont play DVA, I play most tanks though, I hate Sombra/Mei because they actively removed your ability to play the game which is a FAR WORSE mechanic than ball simply being “annoying” Also if you refuse to swap off DVa against Somba/Mei and youre just getting hacked/frozen and being general ult charge, you’re kinda throwing the game.

LOL you’re countering your own argument? “This thing is annoying it should be removed… but this thing is also annoying but it can stay!” Throwing an Orb doesnt take a lot of skill… his positioning does.

A good DVA can also harass a WB a lot.

2 Likes

I didn’t counter my whole argument just cause you nitpicked what you wanted to, out my argument. I stated, there are ANNOYING THINGS about these characters, but that does not make them ANNOYING AS A WHOLE! If you want to interpret that in some different manner than what I meant, why waste my time and yours.

As a whole, Ball is annoying. Every single component about him is annoying. I don’t mind when Sombra teleports away or when Zenyatta throws out his ult or heals. Discord can be a pain, but even then, it’s not THAT big a deal to me.

As for Hammond, he’s just someone that nobody should have to deal with imho. He’s a nuisance, annoying, and hinders any fun this game could have. When I get discorded, it’s really not that big a deal. Sure, it annoys the hell out of me when Mei freezes me, but honestly, she doesn’t consistently annoy me with it. With Hammond, he’s consistently a nuisance at pretty much all times.

Most people don’t want to pay their bills either…but they have to. Hammond is supposed to be annoying. So the time you took to write that post has probably made a lot of people laugh this morning.

Go research counters to hammond. There are many. Learn how to counter him. There are many ways. Then go take an anger management course (they help!). Only then will you find inner happiness and peace once again.

2 Likes