People who say "It's Just QP"

I’m sure we’ve all seen this quote from people in game. My question as someone who doesn’t follow this philosophy most of the time is; why do those of you who type this have this mind set?

I’m just trying to better understand the people I play with because I’ve also noticed during games in Heroes of the Storm people have a similar mindset. It’s almost 100 percent ALWAYS brought up whenever I make a callout or ask someone to change or pay attention to something.

So my question is this; what makes you ok with losing? What makes people feel like it’s ok to excuse mistakes or poor play because “it’s just qp”. I want to win no matter what mode I’m in. I’m not trying like it’s competitive during every casual mode but losing feels bad to me. I’ll be COMPLETELY transparent in that I know I can be intense and I know this is something I could work on to improve communication but it seems like every time this type of stuff is brought up it’s like a script…

People get extremely defensive, admit to throwing, call you mad for speaking at all, start throwing on purpose because someone spoke, etc.

What I’m asking is if you are these people why is this your mindset? I’m trying to better understand here.

12 Likes

sometimes it just boils down to your enjoyment of the game is not contingent on winning…you just enjoy playing cause the game itself is fun

that also doesnt mean you dont try to win either…i absolutely try to win every single game i play…im just not going to A) get angry if i dont or B) expect that everyone else share the same mindset

if “winning” is the criteria for you having fun then i believe its not an exaggeration to say that you will find it a lot harder to enjoy the game playing that way…youre putting too much weight on one thing…and to be frank you should prob be in comp with that mindset and not in QP…though that doesnt guarantee you will have more fun there either

16 Likes

People play quick play to have fun. Not to win. I personally try to win when playing quick play, but I understand if others just want to have fun. Maybe learn new heroes too.

14 Likes

Does this mean it’s fun to blatantly ignore objectives, callouts, teamwork at the detriment of your teammates?

12 Likes

because…it’s just qp…

18 Likes

Personally, I play comp more than I play qp. When I do play qp, I want to play to relax or just to have something to do without having to try so hard… When I say “It’s just qp”, I usually say it because I’m playing a hero I have no idea how to play and people try to call me out on it like I’m some horrible person… Like I’m not to hurt anyone or cause a loss, but I want to learn that hero… Can you get mad at someone who is trying to learn the game?
Winning in qp is nice, especially when I’m learning a hero, but I’ve accepted that I won’t win all the time…

8 Likes

People use voice chat in quick play?

4 Likes

Please don’t make responses like this. I took time and asked a legitimate question to better understand my teammates and their perspectives.

I want to improve my communication for myself and others. That was kinda disrespectful in my opinion.

9 Likes

idk what to say lol. QP is meant to kinda just chill and not be all sweaty.

8 Likes

you get nothing for winning… literally.
i played 10 000 games, won about half of them, and this one wont change anything

1 Like

I don’t play QP or Competitive and even I wonder why, if people have that mindset, why not just play Vs. AI by yourself and not ruin the experience for the people who are still trying to win?

3 Likes

People say they’re just playing for “fun” as they get instantly killed over and over because they’re out of position and not working as a team. Sure, maybe losing and re-spawning over and over is fun for them. Who am I to say otherwise? But I doubt it. I think it’s just an excuse.

I mean the question is, is being alive funner than being dead? :yum:

3 Likes

Where was this written? You’re ignoring my point as well. I want to understand WHY people have this mindset.

3 Likes

You sound like the guy who yells at their teammates in qp for not playing what you want. Like it doesn’t really matter. QP is for fun. Comp is for competitve.

6 Likes

I’m going to be brutally honest, you can’t have people take Quick Play seriously otherwise it’s Ranked without a Rank. If you want to Try Hard, play Competitive, otherwise you should expect to run into people who aren’t trying to win in Quickplay, they’re still trying to learn or experiment with things.

Because if you only have fun while winning that is a miserable way to play.

I think that does speak for the game’s core issues though.

7 Likes

In what way do you gather that I am like this? I admitted to being intense but that does not mean rude, disrespectful, toxic, etc.

I get mad when people actively are throwing. I never once said people have to play a certain role or hero. I don’t think the jerks who freak out on teammates are concerned with coming to the forums to better understand people to prevent freak outs…

1 Like

Yeah, id rather win, but at the same time i dont see a point to take this game incredibly seriously, especially QP, i join QP to just mess around and have fun, and not take it too seriously.

I feel like you and everyone here isn’t actually reading my post and just making broad sweeping conjectures. I said plain and clear in my OP that I want to win but I don’t try like it’s competitive mode.

I’m asking why people are ok with making mistakes, throwing, purposely going AFK, raging because “its just qp”.

If you make one single call out people routinely freak out, say “why are you so mad”, start throwing, continue throwing all because someone spoke once.

1 Like

Well, it IS just quickplay. Unfortunately Overwatch isn’t like tf2 where if one member of your team is sitting in the corner with a sandwich, the rest of the team can still work as well as they need to. Overwatch is a very team focused game which means if one block is out of line you’ll be at a mark disadvantage,

but there’s also nothing you can do because there’s nothing competitive about quick play except the people that want to be competitive in quick play. Everyone playing competitive wants to be competitive. It boils down to the fact that you just can’t control what other people want to do

qp is for playing with the least amount of sweat possible.

1 Like