People Who Say Comp is More Balanced Are Incorrect

I didn’t think the game could force you to lose so many games in a row but here I am, a T500 support on a smurf in plat losing game after game with the most horrible teammates I’ve ever seen, literally can’t do anything to win games unless I kill the entire team myself every teamfight.

More info? What hero are you playing?

And your main SR?

Reason I am asking, is that I have heard a few high elo players complaining about getting rekt in low elo games and that they can’t carry them. Turns out it is a MERCY player… :skull:

Like man, it doesn’t matter that you are not dying first every fight as mercy, you still can’t get any value to carry those games.

When I play in Anything below Masters, even as Lucio, it is easy as hell

1 Like

I’m a Lucio player, been GM for ages.

I’ve never seen so many bad teammates in a row, I try to get picks myself but I can’t either because I end up 1v3 or 1v4 because my teammates are creating literally no pressure and somehow manage to lose every 5v2 or 5v3.

I used to do unranked to GM in 15-20 hours, I’ve been stuck there for 30 hours doing the yo yo, watching my teammates feed constantly and flaming me, what a dog elo.

I hate how every teammate in comp seems to think that one particular person is the reason they’re losing and gang up on them like that will suddenly make them start playing better and not worse. Nah if my whole team is telling me I suck I’m gonna start playing even worse because now I’m depressed.

1 Like

Who made the match? Literally?

1 Like

You can’t blame the matchmaker if someone has a bad game.

You can’t credit it when someone pops off.

It doesn’t know if you’re tired, drunk, stoned, being distracted.

The matchmaker just puts similar skilled players together based on a set of numbers.

It would be amazing if they could figure out the other things… but if they did, they would be predicting future behaviour… They wouldn’t be wasting that tech on a simple video game.

1 Like

Don’t worry, as long as you weren’t boosted to gold then you’ll soon be placed on a fake a$$ win streak where you can’t possibly lose. Everything about this games matchmaking is artificial, bogus and awful. One day (hopefully soon) a major streamer is going to demonstrate how bad the matchmaking is when they show videos of them losing matches in gold and plat despite them having been streaming as a GM/top 500 player for hundreds of hours. That’s when the matchmakers will have to get off their asses and fix their broken garbage.

It will happen.

1 Like

d/c players lose more often, so it does affect their mmr, unless you’re going to argue that d/c has little effect on the game

You don’t even know what MMR is if you’re making this statement.

Players lose 50 SR if they D/C. Your hidden MMR is unaffected.

• There are numerous Dev posts from Jeff Kaplan (former game director) where he states exactly that here on these forums. I recommend you do some research.
1 Like

ah yeah you’re right I think. I had forgotten about that. haven’t played much for like 4 months

1 Like

All g

however, I don’t know how much I believe Jeff because I have left 5 games in a row before and the visible matchmaking rating goes down. if matchmaking is done based on MMR and not SR, then how is that possible?

you could argue that you are still matchmaking at the same MMR, but only the visible SR is going down, but I know that isn’t the case because if you do it long enough you would be placed against a tier below

I’m not going to say leave 10 games and test it, but…too many strange things in this black box of matchmaking.

My guess is that the quotes by kaplan are saying that individual left games won’t affect your MMR if you leave once or twice. repeated behavior does seem to drop MMR and SR

Never play comp in a stack. You’ll go up against other stacks and have a much higher chance of running into smurf account boosting other players in their group. If you’re not matched against another team the randoms will have a higher overall MMR to offset the advantage you have being grouped up.

Please for your own sanity. Don’t

Comp has nobody left but smurfs and throwers, then even less people right now as the beta is live, so even if the matchmaker was good (spoiler: it’s not) the games would still be lop-sided right now.

Note: How do you know they should be several ranks higher if you’ve never played comp before?

I wouldn’t bother. You’ll lose 100+ SR for each loss for the next 5 or so games and probably end up in bronze, and good luck grinding out of that sh*t hole.

1 Like

It took me over 500 hours to climb from bronze to plat as Mercy. I still don’t know why I put myself through that :joy:

People have already done that and confirmed you can lower your SR to gold (somehow without being banned) by leaving games and still be put in GM games due to mmr. It shows how meaningless SR really is when it comes to matchmaking.

1 Like

I always find that low elo Mercys are good to have on my team. Like they usually play better than their SR would suggest. I guess that kind of makes sense if she is hard to climb with.

But here’s a tip only play Mercy if you are one of the lower elo players in your game. If you are plat and get put into a silver game do not play Mercy. But if you are silver and put into a plat game you will get so much value by playing Mercy compared to anything else. The reason is because in the first scenario the game is asking you to carry in order to win. In the second scenario the game is basically asking you just not to throw in order to win.

1 Like

This has got to be one of the silliest decisions the devs have made and stuck by. How are you going to promote group play and then punish players for being in a group? It’s really backwards, imo.

1 Like

I have only gotten losing streaks so far both in no role limit and normal. I’m Bronze in no limit and Silver in normal. I only win once before I have streaks of 2-3 losses. Haven’t won twice in a row yet out of over 30 games.

When I’ve played in a group with my friends for some reason the groups they match us against are always significantly more skilled. We have yet to be matched against a group of similar skill. Not only that but it tends to match us against full stacks when we’re just 3-4 people in a group. This is in QP though.

1 Like

And even if there is a specific person it’s almost never the correct person called out by the group. I got absolutely flamed in a game for not healing enough. The other healer was literally a bot running into a corner all game. Nothing was said about them.

2 Likes

Many times I have been attacked for “being afk” as Ashe or whatever DPS I choose even if I’m popping off. Or for not going on point when the entire enemy team is there and it’s not overtime and stepping on point would get me killed and that’s it.
I think “ffs get on point!!” is the go to “I’m currently angry and need to vent my frustration” thing to say. Most of the time when people say it it makes no sense.
Either

1. We already are on point
  2. We literally can’t get on point without instantly dying, so we’re attacking the enemy team who’s on point to kill them so we can touch it
  3. We’re all trickling in and dying and can’t get on point and the person complaining is doing the same and suicide charging as Reinhardt as soon as they spawn and nobody is listening to the “Group up!” voiceline our poor Mercy is spamming as I sit there next to her and watch Reinhardt charge into Hog repeatedly.

And yeah I see healers flamed a lot like “No healers :(” “Why won’t you pick a healer Moira? Moira isn’t a healer” “Ana can’t hit her shots so I died” when the healers are doing amazing and saved me in crucial moments many times. Don’t understand why people think Moira isn’t a healer. I thought she was the best healer in terms of raw healing output?

1 Like