People who DDoS on Xbox should get a perm ban

This insane. The whole team got attacked by this guy and he even admitted it but there’s nothing we can do.

Not only is he cheating he’s ruining more than just that game for people. It’s giving me marks against my account and stealing 50 Sr.

2 Likes

They do when caught. Report them and move on.

They don’t. Xbox won’t look into the issue and blizzard won’t do anything.

In the span of 5 minutes the guy stole away 6 hours of our time.

1 Like

yeah xbox doesnt do anything at all about people like this, their accounts are left alone for what ever reason some guy that ddos me 6 months ago is still playing on the same account, and blizzard really doesnt look at anything to do with xbox because if im not mistaken they dont have any way to tell if someone is really doing it or not because they do it through xbox party chat by inviting people from the other team to a party and grabbing their ip address then booting them.

my suggestion to the OP is to stop joining any parties unless you actually know the person thats what i did and its never happened to me again (only took me once and ive never joined a party since lmfao) also reset your IP address so he doesnt have access to it anymore

1 Like

I wasn’t paying attention. I got put in a game with a Stack and joined out of habit. I work in software I know what to do. This guy is up 400 Sr from me. That’s masters as well.

Dude is just ruining people’s days. It’s beyond stupid.

2 Likes

Get prof and report it to the police, your internet provider and Microsoft!

The last part! Is the best advise given

After an hour on the phone with Microsoft they can’t do anything.

Because a DDoS is spoofed the isp can’t do anything or the police.

Dont join his party. It makes it harder for him to ddos you.

A single person can not ddos. Please use the proper term.

1 Like

Maybe you should do a quick google before you post garbage.

1 Like

So Xbox allows you to get the IP of those you play with / against to flood it with packets of garbage data and do a DDoS attack ?
Just another reason to be glad I don’t own a console.

1 Like

I wasn’t thinking. I thought it was the group that I ended up getting put with who invited me. Not some rando on the other team. He ended up nuking 4/6 of us.

Also yes - Party chat is player to player so with some basic programs they can snag the IP if you join a party with them.

Good to know to never buy a console for gaming if that is the case, as chat on PC goes through the Blizzard severs (why that is not the case on console is beyond me) I never have to worry about that.

1 Like

Party chat and game chat are not the same thing. There are many games that have awful game chat (R6 Siege) so everyone uses party chats. Party chat is a microsoft system not blizzard.

ahh see , not a console gamer, the fact that Microsoft has direct connection instead of a middle server makes me really not want an xbox. but alas the same as normal with DDoS as it’s highly illegal you need to reach out to Microsoft (as it happened on their systems) and your local police. As this has exactly 0 to do with Blizzard or Blizzard systems there is nothing Blizzard can do.

But I agree that Microsoft should ban those people from using their Xbox online.

It’s also a blizzard problem this guy climbed from 3.4 to 3.9k last I checked. That was in a single day. That is over 120-30 people he stole SR away from.

It’s blatant cheating and they don’t like cheaters.

1 Like

You call it cheating, Blizzard sees it as the person got many wins.
Blizzard has 0 way to know that those wins were due to DDoS attacks on other players as none of that happened on Blizzard servers, all they see is the person won matches and (rightfully) climbed the ladder.
Now if somehow they did it through the game then you would have a point.
The only ‘proof’ right now is that you said they did a DDoS on you, that’s not proof.

And maybe if you , and other XBox players complain enough Microsoft may take a good, long look at their ‘player chat’ system and revamp it so that DDoS is not possible.

The guys messages me and admitted it. They would also see that every win the guy gets players on the other team are going missing. They do track just about everything.

I can message people and tell them that I’m the worlds greatest hacker and have cause the internet to implode, doesn’t mean it’s true or that Blizzard can find concrete proof of it. Plus did he message you in Overwatch ? if not then Blizzard can’t even see that mesasge.
Thousands of people randomly disconnect from this game all the time for thousands of different reasons, all Blizzard would see is xx player disconnected which is proof of exactly nothing.