People should be allowed to avoid private profiles en masse

I feel like you are trying to counter my point, but you are only reinforcing my opinion. Attitudes like yours are the reason private profiles were implemented and the reason they are here to stay. The other five people in your random queues are not pawns to be manipulated however you see fit.

2 Likes

removing public profiles would err, just infuriate the community even more.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found this to not be the case, and Blizzard has openly claimed that private profiles saw a decrease in toxicity reports. I get the occasional flame from someone who wants my profile public accusing me of being a coward, but in most situations theyā€™re a hypocrite with a private profile too. While some people are in fact just toxic regardless, the general experience for many people suggests that the number of people like that arenā€™t as many as you seem to think.

2 Likes

Do you know theres always 2 sides of that coin?
The other side is ā€œis sad and pathetic that Blizzard gave in to cries and snowflakes that cant take an adviceā€.

Yeah.

Stop dealing in absolutes, only a Sith deals in absolutes.

1 Like

Except thatā€™s not what they were responding to, they were responding to the outrage of people being toxic, not because they offered advice.

I agree itā€™s not in absolutes, but your argument is also flawed.

Not if everybody on the team shares the same mentality, which all of my friends do. And I have friends that are either higher or lower rank, so itā€™s difficult to play comp (I duo with one of them at times but thatā€™s it)

No ā€¦ really? (im trying to force the sarcasm here)
I was pretending a Black or White response coming from the other side dude. I KNOW what they were responding to.

No its not, because my position was a strawman trying to ridiculize that type of stance, the ā€œall or nothingā€ stance, precisely because i do NOT hold that stance.

I know Toxicity comes in many forms and private profiles ā€œhelpedā€ a bit but also BLOCKED advices and actual flex players from having fast insight and being able to fill effectively without having a debate for 5mins.

Am i clear now?
Anything else you want to ask? Just shoot.

I have seen mercy players pick genji tracer widow etc and refuse to swap at the start of matches and we have lost because of it.

I agree, but canā€™t stuff like this be addressed with the LFG tool? Simply put ā€œNo private profilesā€ in the description and if any join, just kick them. Iā€™ve done this exact thing myself. The point of the tool is to let you find/group up with like-minded players.

Nope, but your tone isnā€™t obvious to everyone in a text format, so thanks for clearing it up either way. Thereā€™s no need to come across as condescending doing it though. :slight_smile:

Just give everyone 28 different accounts. Then people can shut up about this nonsense.

Eh, I just assume anyone on a private profile is just trying out new stuff so itā€™s not a secret.

I get what you are saying but no, not really.
Basically because 2 reasons :

• LFG tool is made to ā€œeaseā€ the process of looking for specific people to fill a role. If you have to inspect every single time someone joins, ask to make the profile public, wait ā€¦ maybe they argue against it, then make the counter argument bla bla ā€¦ the time is totally wasted.
  • If you are using a tool that is specifically designed to fill X roles but you are not allowing anyone to verify your experience on that role ā€¦ its like going to a Steakhouse when you are a Vegan or dont like to eat meat: Pointless.

You either force the profiles to be Public (makes sense) or make a filter so people with private profiles are unable to join the group. This second one requires way more coding than the first.

PS: Profiles are by default Private (mistake) and many many MANY people dont even know what a ā€œPrivate profileā€ is. Weird right? it happens.

1 Like

The issue of the private profiles in LFG is going to be moot point soon as Kaplanā€™s openly talked about profiles being made public when using LFG in a future update. So while itā€™s a frustration for now, it wonā€™t be for long.

Itā€™s not that hard to right click the profile, see that itā€™s private and then kick.

I agree that being able to filter on private profiles is the better long-term solution but you need to work with what you have right now.

If you are not lazy, you can avoid grouping yourself with players that have private profiles.

If I was a Sith, Iā€™d have already mind controlled multiple OW devs to ensure the removal of the oasis map, the deletion of Pharah, and shifted dev efforts to identification and bans for false reporters

yes, the responsibility for a loss is never yours, always have a scapegoat at the ready, ok?

2 Likes

It would upset a portion of the community, but from what Iā€™ve seen on these forums a majority of the community is actually for private profiles. People would eventually get over it because it would stop the bickering.

I take responsibility for losses when it is my fault (it has been and will be in the future), but when a player with hundreds of hours on mercy picks Widow, they will very likely throw the game because of it. Thatā€™s not scapegoating, that is just identifying a problem. I feel like you make assumptions based on my not wanting to play with insecure (at times) people (I donā€™t disrespect people in comms etc for not having public profs, thatā€™ll make them play worse if theyā€™re underperforming) about who I am as a person personality-wise.

thats the very definition of identifying a scapegoat before you even know you ā€œneedā€ one

There are 6 players

Equal share of the blame goes around

2 Likes