People should be allowed to avoid private profiles en masse

I will take the long queue times over getting some mercy mains that want to play McCree.

43 Likes

To finally end this debate, Blizzard should just remove public profiles all together so that people stop complaining about hidden profiles.

85 Likes

Nah, if people are insecure let them be insecure.

Just don’t make me play with them.

20 Likes

I approve of this. Would totally use it.

7 Likes

I’m not insecure, my profile is private cause I just feel like it’s my choice whether I wanna show it or not.

Ultimately the problem isn’t the profile it’s the people behind it. I have no problem communicating with the team and building a good team composition.

Plus, just cause their profile is public - don’t mean that Mercy main won’t take McCree…

56 Likes

It’s people who want private profiles removed who seem to be the insecure ones. What do you care if someone on your team has their profile hidden? Why do you need to know? Why can’t you just ask them what they are comfortable playing?

61 Likes

Just make it public by default. I think a big percentile don‘t even realize their profile is set to private.

20 Likes

LFG is in the game for a reason. Try using it.

19 Likes

you realize blizz will eventually just remove profiles altogether? they are probably considering it as we speak…

5 Likes

The worst part is not them using the private profiles … its a dude with a private profile throwing BS on you, the ONLY ONE that has it public, to try to troll you/flame you/make you switch.

Really? REALLY DUDE? We are questioning picks looking at profiles and you use mine because i cant use yours to throw shade? Now thats a new level of sadness.

Default setting should be public, not private.
Join Comp? Auto set to Public.
Join LFG? Auto set to Public.
We dont care in Arcade and QP, do whatever.

9 Likes

You’d be surprised.

When I go on overbuff and look up those players battletags, I see there are a lot of players not playing their main role.

Remember the whole “Shaping your gameplay experience” thing? I’d like a lot more of that is all. People can private their profiles all they want.

My profile is private because I want to play whatever I want to play without being flamed. My hours are mostly spent on Sombra and Symmetra, and as soon as some idiot DPS player sees those hours on Symmetra, they will throw. This has happened enough times in the past, and has given me a reason to private my profile.

You can only blame yourself for the inclusion of this option.

Would I fix it? Yeah. Only past seasons should be set to private, not the current season. That’s the only thing I would change about it.

13 Likes

Sucks to be you, honey.

2 Likes

I think this is honestly what they should do. Just remove profiles entirely.

4 Likes

And what will you do if someone has a public profile but doesn’t want to play their main? Throw the game? Scream at them? Quit the match?

16 Likes

I live for that day, or at least allow greater customisation to make better use of it.

If I don’t want to play with private profiles, I shouldn’t have to.

1 Like

they will…thats how they work, goal - eliminate the problem, public/private profiles is a problem, solution_ remove them, problem solved…
thats literally how they work for decades, and it does solve alot of problems

1 Like

Avoid them, move on.

Then avoid them. What’s the point of this post