People should be allowed to avoid private profiles en masse

Then how do u know the minority has a public profile?
Or:
44% of the player base has a public profile

Still a minority but that’s alot of people.

If there is a mercy main playing McCree, I should be allowed to either avoid them or have an option to not have them in the game in the first place.

So ur saying people should never learn how to play other heroes? Or at least on your time?

5 Likes

I don’t 100% know for sure, it’s skmething I half remember hearing in a YouTube video :slight_smile:

But in all seriousness I do check people’s profiles on a regular basis and it’s rare enough to see a public one that I’m genuinely surprised when I do. Maybe other people’s experiences differ here but that’s been what I’ve found.

Lmao I never harass them. I do respectfully ask them (only if they’re underperforming) to swap, and if they refuse I avoid them for a match and move on with my life.

Because I dont want them spending time coding crap like that for haters like you instead of coding useful things like bugfixes, balance changes

That said, the means to avoid private profile folks is already in your hands…its called LFG. Make a group and be as much as a control freak as you need to be, kicking everyone out who doesnt meet your exacting standards.

5 Likes

How do u determine underperformance?
OW is a team game.
Tanks can not be playing correctly causing dps and heals to die and vice versa.

Or you simply by focusing on how these “mercy” players are performing on another role divides your attention causing the whole of the team to suffer from your lack of attention to the game.

L

F

G

stop demanding control that you already have available to you

3 Likes

“haters” lmao

To be clear, most LFG groups have these standards (No offmeta otps, no private profiles), but it is quite difficult to find groups at all these days unfortunately. Also, “bug fixes” generally break the characters more in this game (rein) :wink:

We only fill spots with open profiles in my group, we give people 30 seconds to comply before kicking.

Dont try to “find” such a group

Make the group yourself

then you have the “kick out everyone who doesnt meet my standards” control, which you appear to desperately need

2 Likes

You are essentially not liking the fact that someone chooses a character they don’t mainly play or play at all. Again LFG is an option (role que should be a thing imo) or better yet make some friends or buy the game for your friends so you can play together.

But be honest with ur friends

• ur going to be team cap
  • they play how u want them to play
  • each one of them must fulfill a certain role
  • there is no ifs or buts

People like you are the reason why people want a private profile. People don’t always want to play their mains and when they do they don’t want people looking at their profile telling them to switch to their main.

I used to be a mercy main and because of that everyone forced me to play mercy. I hated it because it wasn’t fun.

5 Likes

Thank you. (20 characters bullsh.t)

Mercy mains don’t want to play McCree.

They want private profile not because they want to play McCree or Genji or Tracer or Widow.

They want private profile because they don’t want to be instantly exposed as the weakest link if another Mercy main on the same team locks Mercy first. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I actually did run into a Mercy main right after the update that basically admitted to it and was trying to counter Pharah with Bastion and subsequently went McCree and was complaining about nobody helping them with the Pharah while my sister pocketed him and I was literally the one dealing with Pharah. So it happens.

I understand there are plenty of Mercy who just want to avoid the judgement or whatever. However, many of them DID want to jump ship and start playing DPS. Which is fine, I just wish they were not toxic like that jackanape was.

Nah.
They try though, and then get roasted.
Just like an OTP cant tell anyone to switch, a dude with private profiles, cant tell anything to someone with Public. It gives you the moral high ground to tell him/her to shut the up for a month and then block/mute.

You block and mute people just for giving advice?

LFG is soon going to make profiles public by default when using it, so why not use it when that feature goes live?

T H I S