People should be allowed to avoid private profiles en masse

I only have three avoid slots

4 Likes

What happens when more than 3 people don’t play their role? :thinking:

Then spend them on privated players.

Infinite avoid slots as well.

you could just form a LFG team, or make a group of friends or other players you know…

3 Likes

I almost always already do if they’re not performing. But if I could take them all out of my games, I would.

I wouldn’t mind this if it would stop the complaining about private profiles. People who have been playing this game a long time have switched mains, had seasons they didn’t play much or at all, improved, gotten worse sometimes… yet people use your history to pre-judge you when it probably doesn’t reflect your current situation.

So, if quickplay, and previous comp seasons were always hidden, having just the current season available wouldn’t bug me. You could get a fresh start every season that way anyway.

5 Likes

Ya know, maybe someone wants to play something else for a change. I’ve seen a lot of people play a different hero every season. Whats wrong with that?

2 Likes

Honestly, this is a good idea, especially halfway through the season so you can see who they’ve been practicing etc

My only gripe with private profiles, is that they removed quick view on top of it, so I have to go to their profile to actually see that it is private. Please give us the quick view back so we can easily see who is private or not.

P.S. Give a LFG option to only allow public profiles to join the group.

6 Likes

If you dont want to show it, youre not confident enough to take criticism. So youre insecure. If you are confident enough to take criticism and stand up for yourself, you would set it to public so the world knows what you play and how much.

Thats so true mate. That is so true.

“No, let me take DPS, I have like 100 hours on Cree” So that player takes up a DPS slot in the comp and underperforms. GG WP, you cant even say “Dude…Are you sure about that, I mean, you have 10hours on him, not 100… Just sayin”

4 Likes

Or you are just tired of tryhards telling you how to “get gud”, when they are doing bad themselves.

6 Likes

Nope, completely wrong. I can take criticism - that doesn’t mean I have to unprivate my profile which is my information that I can choose whether to share or not.

If the world wants to know what I play and how much then they can communicate with me (or any private profile player for that matter) and ask them, rather than hiding behind their screens making assumptions.

9 Likes

Ignore and move on on that one

60 minutes later
someone drops
Waiting x5 v6
NOOOOOOOO!!!

Lol, you’d be waiting hours. I’m fine with that tho. I don’t want people on my team who give free Intel to the opposing team by leaving their profile public. It’s the new low key throwing. At least then I wouldn’t have to check to see if anyone on my team is throwing with public profile so I can report them for assisting the enemy team.

3 Likes

“I can take criticism, but because I dont want to, I wont allow it” You can either take criticism or not. But I dont see why you would say “I can take criticism” but then wont allow it. Blizz does this right now, they say they want criticism yet they silence every bit that comes up.

Well… yeah, it is. So why am I not allowed to say “I dont want to play with people who are hiding something”? According to you, that is my right, but right now I cannot act upon it.

Because people will always tell you the truth? Mate, you cant assume that they dont lie to you because they want to play a hero at that moment. If I set my profile to private and said “My most played hero is McCree”, you would have to believe it. It is a correct statement from me, but I could also say “My most played hero is Widowmaker” and you would also have to believe it. But thats a false statement from me. But since I want to play Widow that game, Im gonna say she is indeed the hero i have most experience with.

? What does that mean mate? What assumptions am I making when I see someone with a public profile with most hours on Mercy (lets milk that example till its dead)? I assume 3 things:

• He/She plays Mercy with a skill that got him/her to this rank
  • He/She is a decent Mercy
  • He/She will pick Mercy

I assume these three things. And none of them are factually false.

“But tatzecom, what if the player wants to play McCree that game?”

Thats an easy question to answer:
They can. And they should. If they perfrom up to par with the rest of a team. I dont need a silver McCree in a Plat game. I however do need a plat Mercy in a plat game. I dont care about your feels. If you chose to play comp, you chose to play what ever is necessary to win that game. If you want to win the game with a certain hero, play Quickplay.

Private profiles rob me from the option to call someone out for not playing their strongest hero.

“But tatzecom, thats toxic”
No, its not. If I underperform, I expect people to tell me I s*ck. I dont expect them to pat my back after a match and say “Hush, it wasnt your fault, this is your safe space, its all good, the enemy team was just better, you tried your best, do you want a candy bar?”

I play to win - Hana Song, 2018

2 Likes

Just give these people infinite slots. They’ll be in hour-long queues while the rest of us enjoy our matches without these over-possessive people ruining the game for us :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

And how would you compel said Mercy main to switch?

Not a ranked player but I feel like private profiles are a good thing. I don’t want people getting tilted to oblivion because a known support guy decides to DPS. It is still a game for christ sake.

3 Likes