People should be allowed to avoid private profiles en masse

You’re doing a whole lot of assuming. It’s not hidden to avoid criticism, it’s hidden because I want it hidden. People will find many things to criticise if they want to moan that badly. Hiding a profile isn’t only because you’re “scared”.

Nothing to do with me, you’ll have to take that up with the devs. They implemented private profiles so I can act upon my right. If and when they implement such a feature to avoid private profiles, then you can act upon yours too :slight_smile:

People assuming those with hidden profiles are boosted, Mercy mains, throwers or [Insert negative assumption here.]

Just because a profile is hidden, doesn’t mean that person will be :poop: it also doesn’t mean they’re not willing to work with you. If every game you went into had private profile players but they all communicated and told you what they played and worked together to build a team - there would be no issue.

People assume the profile is the issue, like you assumed its cause people can’t take criticism.

At the end of the day. Removing them won’t fix anything cause ultimately people can lock in whatever hero they want (as long as it’s not already chosen) regardless of their playtime or skill on that hero. Which links me back to my original statement

5 Likes

If your profile isn’t public for lfg then most people will boot you off the team and rightfully so.

3 Likes

Please read my complete post on that one mate. Sure there wouldnt be an issue in a perfect world.

Well… I kinda does. The person is hiding something. They hide it because they dont want to have someone know what they play, how long and what hero specificly (thats the definition of hiding). If I as a random stranger approach you on the street and ask you for directions, right hand never leaving my sweatshirts pocket, and said pocket is always pointed at you, would you assume I have a gun or a candy bar? Well you dont know, and by your definition, you would do me unjustice if you thought “This dude has a gun and is probably gonna rob me”

The profile is the issue in many cases, the people behind them also. But by showing what you got, to me you signal that you are willing to cooperate and build a team. If you come into the game showing nothing about yourself, to me you signal that you are a loner and want to do whatever you want, the rest of the guys have to adjust.

I would still say the best way to go is that the standard option is “Public”. Many people dont care about their profile being hidden or not and just never change the setting. By that, I think the people who want to hide their information (for whatever reason, being it insecurity or just… idk, “acting upon their right” or somethin) could hide it. If all the people would be like you, there would indeed be no problem, since you would surely answer honest if asked what you play. Sadly tho, people arent like you. People are out for their own fun and dont care about winning the game, as long as they played their favorite hero, theyre fine.

1 Like

Thats because you are not a ranked player/ dont play competetive (its similar, but different)

If people in QP get tilted by that, they have a serious problem.

yurp.

I dont care about their profiles much. Mine is to public. But if their profile is private they shouldnt be able to see mine.

5 Likes

Nah if people are playing role they barely play i already know our chances of losing multiply so i get prepared for a loss and get pissed as i watch my SR go down

1 Like

If they play a DPS for the first round or part of it, but constantly keep dying, doing no or only scrap damage and arent helpful towards winning the game, I would do the following:

“Hey, I see you have a metric sh*tton of playtime on mercy. Your stats say you are a really good player. Why did you chose to play McCree?”

“Reason XYZ they felt like it”

“Well okay then, could you still switch to Mercy for this game. If you want to play DPS because you feel like it, play Quickplay mate. We need a good healer right now”

If they are really good or something, silver DPS medals is enough imho if youve got 2 DPS, they are welcome to stay.

I would do the same to every other player nonetheless. If they play a lot of DPS but underperform, I would also ask them to switch to an easy pick for the game.

Something like that would be a great thing too.

Its like tracer ammunition, it works both ways. You can see other peoples profiles, but yours can be seen too or you cannot see other peoples profiles, but yours is hidden aswell.

The problem with private profiles that i have is that I can’t turn my off private. Apparently when this changed happened it just turned my stuff off.

People keep calling me out and I have to keep telling them “All you’re going to see is a bunch Genji and Winston.”

Wha- How?

What have you tried so far?

soon there will be no chat, no profiles, no guns and only one character. but at least the stupid little children won’t have their feelings hurt!

3 Likes

Absolutely the bare minimum. I don’t really care to be honest. I just wouldn’t want thinks forced onto me.

Its like… An ingame option in the social tab.

–>Open Overwatch
–>Go to settings
–>Go to “Social” tab
–>Second option in the menu
–>Right below “Profanity Filter”

And there you go, you can set it public.

No.

Elaborate please.

Thanks

I’m not replying to you.

1 Like

Yeah I did that before and the option wasn’t there for me. Frustrated I then left go my Gf pregnant and proceed to jump of the Golden Gate bridge. Surviving only through sheer force of will to one day beat my 2nd oldest brother at dice.

Obviously joking with those later parts but i did piss off after I didn’t see it.

Are you drunk or high or just a troll?

What do you exactly want?

Ohh god… I’ll miss you buddy.

1 Like

I don’t drink, I don’t smoke and I fought in the flame wars. I will never troll.

But what I want exactly is love mostly and some of dat gud shee.