People forgot how to play tanks

I only play tank when I don’t feel like waiting 3 years for a queue, and I’m definitely not going to care whether I win or lose.

I think OP is right. Def right.

In the High Gold/Low Plat bracket I’m wrecking most Sigma/Orisa compositions as Rein lately. He is not meta and sometimes people flame me for picking Rein, but they shut up when they notice it is working. You don’t have to do much to make it work in this elo; my main strategy right now is to simply be more aggressive than the enemy is. Orisa and Sigma players I’m seeing think they are doing their jobs or being perfectly safe just by standing behind a shield. They don’t expect aggressive melee attacks, and for whatever reason they believe I won’t walk past their shields.

It probably isn’t as bad in high ranks but I can see many tank players (especially Orisa and Sigma players) developing the habit of being too passive.

1 Like

OP, you literally have a whole video from OWL league players talking about how main tanks do call outs, and lead, even to the point of follow the main tank even if they’re wrong.

But in online play do you ever think that happens? Even one time? If you play 2nd tank you should even know how that feels because 2nd tank takes over when main tank is down until the main tank is back.

Nobody not only knows about main tanks, but nobody knows how to play with one. I’ll line up at a side door and call out ‘group up’ and watch 4 at least of the other players ready to rush out the front door.

As a main tank, I say, let em die. Everyone thinks they know the most about this game, without even referencing what people who play this for a living say. I’m not even giving this advice myself, I’m not assuming I’m automatically some secret esport pro.

1 Like