People already calling Reaper OP

Only thing I’m concerned about is how quickly he can enter Wraith form and exit it for a free reload now. It’s like McCree’s roll, only he’s invulnerable during it.

Otherwise…shoot, it’s fine. Cancelling Wraith form is great, and the speed is great. And I went against him a lot. Never felt broken or OP. It’s just that he’s been irrelevant for so damn long that now that he has some slight relevance, everyone’s flipping out lol

50 Likes

Anyone that uses Reddit is about 200% more biased towards their main.

Ik the forums are toxic and biased but Reddit is a cesspool

16 Likes

I read both on similar topics tbh.

Cause sometimes the forums are narrowminded, and other times Reddit is narrowminded. Kinda good to see and compare the two to form a better opinion

2 Likes

That’s my only concern too. Maybe if he had to be in wraith form for a minimum duration for the reload, like Bastion switching modes needs a duration to reload. If you had to wraith for a second to reload it might remove that concern.

4 Likes

It’s funny how they trash on the forums but they have just as bad if not even worse opinions than the forums.

3 Likes

I totally thought he’d have it given Geoff’s comment the other day!

I guess they didn’t do it? Or at least implement it yet.

3 Likes

Maybe they realized “Hey Reaper has 2 all-in abilities, maybe we can give him a break”

15 Likes

in my matches reaper easily walked through teams, i dont know how it correlates to the buffs but it was certainly alarming given that previously reaper with a bit of effort could be snatched right up

100% agreed, though. Like, it sucked. 90% of his kit was “all-in”. I’m glad it got pulled back. I’m just surprised at how there’s no delay. You can enter and exit pretty quickly (definitely under .5 seconds)

I’m going to have to make it a point to learn not to get near him after his ult, too.

But god damn did he need these buffs!

6 Likes

lol people think this is OP?.. genji’s deflect can make mccree stun himself and he can cancel out of it with swift strike.

14 Likes

I’m not mad at the changes but it’s weird how reaper still has teleport, which is still one of the stupidest abilities in the game:
Step 1: camera goes to third person for next to no reason
Step 2: reaper strikes a cool pose for next to no reason
Step 3: reaper holds pose
Step 4: reaper keeps holding pose
Step 5: reaper keeps…wait no now he’s teleporting
Step 6: reaper holds pose for one more second just in case you didn’t see how cool it was

35 Likes

This was my thought too, a CC and damage immune reload in a team fight is very powerful, I see Lumin had the same idea i did, make the time in wraith longer than his … 1.5 second reload to get the reload.

Did they forget to add the delay on exiting wraith? I thought that’s how they would balance this change. At least that’s what Geoff said.

Shadow Step still needs changes IMO, wraith form is faster and can be cancelled, this is something I exactly wanted.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’d like them to do something cool with wraith. Like almost like another incentive besides survivability. What if when he wraiths on top of you, it almost serves as a discord orb or something?

Tracer is a fast 150 health hero that while blinking can not be healed. Recall just resets her health and placement to what it was 3 seconds ago.

Reaper is a 250 health hero that while in wraith is immune to all damage and CC for up to 3 seconds that can go anywhere at 150% move speed. While he can not be healed by teammates he can grab health packs.

Tracer’s movement with both blink and recall can be known, Reaper goes where he wants. I think this is what people are thinking.

I am in the camp this might be abit much, maybe if the move speed was also not increased aswell. As a Tank player, when i see Reaper go wraith i know i can shift my focus for 3 seconds atleast. But If i see him wratih i now know he gets a reload and i most likely will not have time to do the same if he can just leave Wraith form instantly.

1 Like

Reaper counters tanks my dude, deal with it.

5 Likes

In truth, I’m thinking they’ll added a 0.5 delay between existing Wraith and being able to fire.
otherwise, its pretty bulls#it for a character who can flat out one-shot anyone not Bastion and above to be able to be invulnerable until he can line up that headshot and then instantly fire.

It seems like an obvious thing they need to add.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be pulsefire if he wasn’t complaining about characters that aren’t even top tier.

Funfact, Reaper and Tracer have the same DPS.

3 Likes

and making him better at it than he already is seems like overkill.

1 Like