Penalty for game crashing

This has been talked about in the past, and yet to be fixed. Banner is supposed to say how close to being punished you are, right? Green: Good standings, Yellow: Halfway before a punish happens etc and Red: Very close to being punished.

But it’s not doing it at all, and random penalties are being handed out for the dumbest reasons. I just got a penalty for 15 remaining because my game just upped and crashed on me.

If Blizzard really does review these they better get this dumb system working first before putting it in OW2, if they are or not. Like I said my profile icon is green not red and I’m being punished AND I also got no warning either in chat saying this was going to happen.

1 Like

What banner are you talking about?

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

The banner where our names sit, as well as our ranks etc.

I try to challenge it to have it removed from tech, but apparently they can’t even though they have a support ticket to.

Under Account option, Appeal Account Action and two options appear,

Appeal Penalty and Competitive Ban or Suspension.

In my 5 years of playing this game, I’ve never seen what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Are you referring to the endorsement level icon? Green is for sportsmanship, red (it’s pink) is for good teammate, and yellow/orange is for shotcaller.

no… its purple. is it seriously not purple? its purple…

im having an existential crisis over this.

1 Like

You know I genuinely considered editing the post to make it “pink/purple” (honestly it should just be purple I completely agree) to avoid this exact conundrum.

1 Like

I have the picture I’m wanting to show, not sure how to put it in.

Post it on a website like imgur and send the link

You cannot add links to your post, that’s the message I’m getting from the Forums…

Just cut the link up, like “www .website .com”

I have what I’m pointing at in the circle.
https://imgur.com/a/yPwuExj

Are you referring to the color on the left side? That’s your status on bnet.

Green = Online
Yellow = Away
Red = Busy
Gray = Appear Offline

You should take in to account people have things going on things happen, people are going to leave, yet other people come in and happily replace them and the priority reque is awesome, i dont think anybodh is really tripping with people leaving unless its competitive, you guys really are ruing the game, I leave and my game crashes etc, I also come in to a game that someone left and help the team win its awesome but then your gonna penalize me for leaving a game you should be rewarding me to even play through a match like that, i find no wrong in playing those matches only if im also not going to be penalized -_-