[PC] Unexpected Server Error Occurred

Yea I’m having the same problem as well. Not letting me in the game :confused:

So it just works again, I can now enter the game. I haven’t done anything specific. Check from your end.

Edit: Was just luck, same issue is now happening again. Will wait on tech support response.

3 Likes

Still having this same problem since yesterday, “unexpected server error occurred” when trying to enter game. What’s weird is I can join other regions but no luck with Americas.

I had this reply from Support:

“Sorry about these strange problems logging into your Overwatch account. This does appear to be an account specific bug, but this isn’t something we can resolve as customer service unfortunately. However, I had this sent over to the Overwatch team who will get this further investigated. We don’t have an ETA but once this is resolved, you should see an email letting you know.”

TBA.

8 Likes

I’m having this same issue. Did you get any additional information or answers from Support on this? I was able to sign in on my computer using my partner’s account and it loaded into the game normally while my login will launch the game, but I keep getting the “unexpected server error.”

It’s clearly not an internet connection issue, so I’d love to hear what Support has to say about potential fixes.

Yeah I’m still having the unexpected server error after 2 days. Definitely an account specific thing. Haven’t heard back from my support ticket yet though. Apparently the team is aware and working on a fix

1 Like

Currently experiencing the same issue. I have not been able to login for 2 days now. My friends claim that they cannot even view my profile in game. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

3 Likes

Habing the same problem, unexpected server error. Seems to be a random bug with a bunch of accounts. Tried logging in on PS5 and PC and the same error. Not an internet issue at all. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue! I’m on PC, tried everything possible assuming it was a connection or port forward issue. Switched to Xbox and had the same issue. I made a new account like someone mentioned earlier in this thread and I have had zero issues logging in on that account, but still get “unexpected server error” on my main

2 Likes

Hey all,

“Unexpected server error occurred” usually ends up being an account specific error. The Overwatch team is investigating the cause and working on a resolution for accounts affected by this.

If you haven’t already please submit a ticket to the Customer Support team so we can add your account to the list and update you with any progress.

Use the Contact Us button on this page to submit the ticket.

2 Likes

It’s been like 3-4 days where I can’t play the game due to this, so I sent a ticket and all I can do is hope. I’m thinking we’re gonna have to wait until this event is over or something. About to be on break and want to play the game plz fix!!

1 Like

What’s the point of submitting a ticket if you guys never respond to them or give helpful advice?

1 Like

Still can’t play the game either. This is nuts, and very little communication received from my end. Like do we need to wait a few days? A month? More?

3 Likes

Still locked out of the game, support is slow/unhelpful, basically told me it was my fault. Lol

Just managed to finally connect and enter the game a few minutes ago. Not sure if luck or fix yet.

3 Likes

Any update? Best of luck

I filled a ticket and got an automated reply back. Logged in today and am able to play. Not sure if the ticket helped.

1 Like

When queue times are high (As they are currently with a larger than normal volume of contacts for WoW Patch 10.0.7 and Diablo IV Beta that just concluded) you will most often receive an automated reply based on the category/game title you chose during ticket submission. It will include general steps for that type of issue with a request to either close the ticket should they work, or to reply back to that automated response with updated system/connection files so you can be put back in line for a response from a Support Agent.

In the case of this particular issue, there is currently an account level issue that can cause it. So if troubleshooting doesn’t work it needs to be reported either in the bug report forums or via that ticket so your information can be added to the investigation.

In the mean time, most reports suggest the issue is also region specific so you can change your region in the desktop app (Globe symbol next to the play button) to try different regions.

This is only for authentication purposes as it will not affect your social, progress or where you are matched to a server as Overwatch 2 is fully global and not region specific like our older games

I hate to ask, but if you ever have the time, please look at my post relating to this issue. I’m sorry I just physically cannot bring myself to explain the issue again, I’m really frustrated with support right now and am being told the same fixes over and over again, nothing helps. I feel like something is really wrong with the servers right now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.