[PC] Black screen / rendering device has been lost

Hello,

I have had issues with Overwatch for 3 weeks now.

The game launches correctly, but after joining a game the textures gradually turn black until the screen is completely filled, I only see the outline of allies and enemies as well as the HUD.
Sometimes it also happens that the colors turn blue, pink… Frequently after these graphic bugs, after a while the game exits with the error “Rendering device has been lost”.

I have read many topics on forums that talk about this problem of overclocking, GPU overheating and incompatibility with Razer software.
For my part, I have never overclocked, the in-game GPU runs at ~ 70/75°C and I have uninstalled all Razer applications. I have the latest drivers, I also tried with other older ones.
I closed all the other software before launching the game so that there are no conflicts between the apps.

Note that these problems only applied with Overwatch, and 1 month ago I was playing without problems :thoughtful: .

I therefore send a SOS if you have already encountered these problems or if you have an idea of ​​where it can come from !

My config:
Motherboard: B550-A PRO
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Graphics Processor: AMD Ryzen 6800 XT

I can provide screens if needed.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me!

Hey there,

The main causes for this will be Bad/Outdated Drivers, Out of Date OS, Corrupt Client data/settings, Software Conflicts with other programs on the system, Or an OS/Hardware level issue such as failing hardware or Overheating.

It sounds like you have covered a good portion of what we would suggestion but without system information in the form of say a dxdiag, it can be tough to rule anything out for sure.

follow the steps there to obtain a dxdiag report and post it here (or link it from pastebin if needed) and the community can take a look to see if there is an obvious cause.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.