Patch Won't Go Live Until Next Year!? WTF!

Valve gave its users absolute control…ive ran many tf2 and csgo servers. Yea it was all server side but same concept. It really is just changing program variables.

Please no… I will not survive until next year with double barrier. I beg of you.

1 Like

Since when they have released patches that severely affect the competitive aspect of the game in the middle of the season?
Unless is literally a game breaking thing, they will not. Changes will go on the next season … it was really easy to see, for real.

But the meta is the same post nerf?

PS4 OW login screen says about maintenance tomorrow (5 dec in Europe). I think it’s a patch time

Has to be wrong. They have to release the patch for the holiday event soo… yeah.

2 Likes

I think it means it won’t come to the Contenders until then. They used to have that in the past where OWL was playing on an older patch.

there are no devs left on OW team

…Odd.

Strangely enough, World of Warcraft which has never had updates pushed back so long either was also revealed to not receive any content until early 2020. Blizzard had made a blue post on the forums saying they had valued the players’ capability to spend time with family, and didn’t want to risk coming between a player and their holiday time with loved ones.

If the same is true for OW and their intent behind holding off on the patch is true, then I find that extremely odd. Never in the history of Warcraft has that happened before, but then it’d be happening to not one, but two games under Blizzard’s banner.

Wonder what’s going on.

Getting modding minecraft and HoI4 flashbacks where changing one thing sometimes destroyed my whole build and i needed to load a backup.

And i doubt OW is as easily modeable as HoI4 or mincraft, so flak off with this BS.

Are they bullsh***g us right in the face? Since when people on holidays prefer to have no games to play?

Truthfully, that’s what my guys and I thought. I GM a raiding / PvP guild. When we found that out, most of us were scratching our heads. They’re even extending the anniversary event on WoW for the sake of trying to keep people playing / having something to do while we sit in one of the longest content droughts.

got the link to their announcement?

You know what would have been messed up. Us getting the Christmas Patch without even knowing the update wasn’t coming.

Lemme find it. I will edit this when I return.

Edit: Here you go.

thanks… they really became like politicians telling lies about everything lol

1 Like

Yea same i doubt thre keep it on the ptr over 3weeks

If this is true. Than wow.

And isn’t Overwatch made on a unique engine they made for it
(I think I recall hearing that?)

I can’t imagine that Blizzard has to balance that upcoming changes so long. I mean, it’s a change for sure but not THAT fundamental. Shields are nerfed, that’s basicly it. I didn’t read much about issues on PTR with that update. Players seems fine with it. So just release the update.