Patch Won't Go Live Until Next Year!? WTF!

I will be honest. If tweaking those numbers broke the game then blizzard has some seriously problematic code on their hands.

6 Likes

What is there to evaluate at this point? The playerbase for PTR has died off quickly because there’s really no incentive to play.

There’s really no reason for a PTR patch to take over 2 months before moving to live. The 2-2-2 patch was a huge fundamental shift for the game and even it didn’t take that long to be put on live.

2 Likes

Welp, i mean i was expecting ptr patch to wait at least until season end anyway

I wouldn’t be surprised if the current engine has a lot of technical debt.

2 Likes

WHAT DA HECK.

Literally today I finished very tiring and long project, planned to grab beers and play new patched OW :sob:

3 Likes

it says “the mid january patch” it doesnt specify that that patch IS the 1.43
it could well be 1.44 by that point

If changing numerical values broke the game then Blizzard needs to get their belongings together.

Sounds fake. I bet it will come out with the event. Like usual

4 Likes

My guess is the patch will come with the holiday event. So like the 17th or so.

I sorta think this as well. They made this engine from scratch. I think OW2 will be trying to do an overhaul with a lot of this, or I hope so anyways.

+1

It would explain a lot of feature debt too. Including the infuriating attitude of Blizzard of not disclosing any data or stat to public, as it may be they need to be “very creative” in getting the data they claim is used for balancing. That would explain A LOT.

1 Like

just recently i thought about the same thing, but you took it a step further that i never considered. now that clears some stuff up, potentially

https:/ /media.makeameme.org/created/no-god-please-onyf30.jpg

Just leaving this here, the leak seems to be fake.

1 Like

I looked at your profile. I’m not really sure but your stats look high enough for level 3, but your profile says you’re still level 2.

Did you get suspended recently?

It will probably come to live servers next week with the release of Winter Wonderland event. This seems to be for the lan client. We will probably get it next week, if winter wonderland comes out without the patch, panic then, but as for now, it will be fine.

Edit: Gottem, totally called it.

1 Like

I want chaos in comp, I want a clown fiesta in comp with different mix match of heroes. It’s gonna be fun dealing with unexpected comp with comps that me and my team set up. I also heard from many top players that the game is more fast paced in the new patch so I’m looking very forward to it since I’m a Genji player and my gameplay is always very fast decisive decision making.

Um, idk that seems like a pretty surprising bit of info to me.

I highly doubt its true though. Their just saving it for the winter update that’s all.

People will complain about the event being retreated so might as well add a big patch with it so people will play.

I think blizzard is just waiting and or testing to make sure they are making the right choice here. This is a huge patch that will have major impact to the game/meta.

My only issue is we all love the patch on ptr. If you played it, and have access to it, It’s way more fun than live rn.

My opinion is blizzard should drop the patch as soon as possible. Because more people are on the live servers, and if certain things don’t work out change some minor things around.

A good example is when they buffed moira’s Fade, after they seen the capabilities of the ability they reverted it back. Another good example is sigma’s kinetic grasp. Now he can get hooked.

My main point is we all want the patch to go live. Pc, and console. And since it’s more people playing on live servers instead of just ptr. Blizzard would get more accurate data, on what to keep and what not to keep in the ptr patch.

We just want the game to be fun again blizzard.

1 Like

All signs point to this patch doing very little to change the meta. Will be the same characters with Moira being swapped out for Bap.