Patch Notes July 9

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/

click at your own risk! :wink:

(in case first link doesnt work)

also theres twitch drops again (art deco Symmetra)

9 Likes

It looks like we get knocked back resistance reduced! Huge!

:partying_face:

1 Like

Ana

Developer Comments: Rather small change here but we’d like to minimize the amount of time Tanks can be taken out of the fight for and they are also the easiest targets to hit with Sleep Dart.

Sleep Dart

Duration of effect on Tank heroes decreased from 3.5 to 3 seconds.

One small yet meaningful nerf to Ana! :clap:

9 Likes

I feel the aura of disappointment radiating from the link and I can’t even get it to work

11 Likes

Oof.

No to the Orisa, Roadhog, and Mauga changes. For the love of god just make them garbage. :frowning:

Also boo to the Sigma buff. He doesn’t need to be buffed. Especially not accretion :triumph:

4 Likes

THEY HAD 1 JOB… How do they keep making it worse…

17 Likes

D.VA Developer Comment: The maximum duration of Defense Matrix is increased by half a second by reducing the rate at which the resource meter drains when in use, so it won’t take longer to regenerate. The increased damage on Micro Missiles will help the ability feel relatively more impactful against larger health pools.

Defense Matrix Maximum duration increased from 3 to 3.5 seconds.

Micro Missiles Explosion damage increased from 4 to 5.5 damage (from 126 to 153 max damage with direct impacts).

DOOMFIST Developer Comments: Most of Doomfist’s survivability is through his excellent mobility, but this boost to his passive Overhealth generation will enable him to stay in the fight longer before disengaging, especially when hitting multiple targets with his abilities.

The Best Defense… Overhealth gained per target increased from 35 to 40 HP. Delay before Overhealth begins to drain increased from 1 to 3 seconds.

JUNKER QUEEN Developer Comments: Junker Queen is relatively small and fast for a Tank hero, so Commanding Shout doesn’t need a ton of bonus health to be effective. The increased wound healing better rewards her for managing her abilities well.

Commanding Shout Overhealth increased from 150 to 175 HP

Adrenaline Rush Wound damage self-healing multiplier increased from 2 to 2.5x

MAUGA Developer Comments: Cardiac Overdrive is Mauga’s primary tanking ability that keeps him in the fight, but the previous duration was difficult to counter. It is now a more potent effect with a shorter duration to increase the importance of choosing both the right moment to use it as Mauga and when to try mitigating against it as an enemy.

Overrun Knockback damage increased from 25 to 30 Stomp damage increased from 60 to 75

Cardiac Overdrive Duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds. Lifesteal increased from 60 to 100%. Damage reduction increased from 30 to 40%. Allies now receive only half of the lifesteal and damage reduction effect value.

ORISA Developer Comments: The Fortify and Javelin Spin abilities were weakened further than necessary when Orisa was overly dominant. She has not been performing well since then but in this patch where we’re broadly adjusting how impactful the role is. So, there is room again to return some of Fortify’s effectiveness.

Fortify Duration increased from 3.5 to 4 seconds

RAMATTRA Developer Comments: The Pummel damage adjustment is notable as it reduces the number of punches required to knockout a 250 health hero.

Nemesis Form Bonus armor increased from 225 to 300.

Pummel Pummel damage increased from 60 to 65.

REINHARDT Developer Comments: One of the core design goals for Reinhardt is to be the hero that shields his team. In the past we’ve reduced the barrier health significantly in order to improve other offensive aspects of his kit to better fit the fast-paced gameplay of Overwatch 2, but perhaps it was too much. We still want to avoid barriers feeling mandatory due to how useful they can be and keep tank diversity at a healthy level. However, with this patch looking at the tank role in particular, we’re increasing Reinhardt’s barrier health again and will evaluate further.

Barrier Field Maximum health increased from 1400 to 1600. Barrier regeneration rate increased from 140 to 160 health per second.

Charge Wall impact damage increased from 275 to 300.

ROADHOG Developer Comments: The Pig Pen ability wasn’t very useful outside of being used in the Chain Hook combo so we’re increasing its potential threat if an enemy stays within its area.

Pig Pen Area damage after activating increased from 30 to 45 damage per second. Recovery time reduced from 0.55 to 0.4 seconds. Cooldown now begins immediately when used instead of after a short delay.

SIGMA Developer Comments: Sigma is a tank that does not currently have an issue with survivability when cycling between managing his barrier, Kinetic Grasp, and weapon range. We are however increasing the damage of Accretion to bring back more of the threat it used to pose and increase the satisfaction in landing it, as it also did not benefit from the global increase to projectile sizes.

Accretion Impact damage increased from 40 to 80 (120 damage total).

WINSTON Developer Comments: Winston is one of the top performing tanks at the moment, though when considering how satisfying the individual abilities within his kit are, the Tesla Cannon secondary fire felt underwhelming for how long it took to charge, so it’ll now be a bit more fluid. We also still want Primal Rage mode Winston to be killable, but adding some health to it will help avoid some of the extreme situations where it could happen too quickly.

Tesla Cannon Secondary fire charge time reduced from 1 second to 0.85 seconds.

Primal Rage Maximum health gained increased from 500 to 700.

WRECKING BALL Developer Comments: Wrecking Ball has excellent mobility and survivability and will now be more efficient in transferring some of that survivability to his teammates, should he choose to return to them. We’re also making the automatic reload in ball form match his manual reload timing for a smoother transition between modes.

Quad Cannons Automatic reload time while transformed reduced from 2 to 1.6 seconds.

Adaptive Shields Allied Overhealth transfer ratio increased by 50% (Use up to 50 Overhealth per target to grant allies up to 75 HP).

ZARYA Developer Comments: Increasing the health on these barriers also means the total energy Zarya can gain per barrier is increased, so this is a boost to both her offensive and defensive capabilities.

Particle Barrier Health increased from 200 to 225. Duration increased from 2 to 2.5 seconds.

Projected Barrier Health increased from 200 to 225. Duration increased from 2 to 2.5 seconds. DAMAGE Damage Role Passive

Now only half as effective against Tank heroes (10% healing reduction). Developer Comments: With Tank heroes being the frontline, they have this healing reduction effect nearly all of the time and are generally the most reliant on incoming healing to support them as well. The damage role passive is providing an important function to game overall, but its effect on tanks survivability and pace of gameplay is more impactful relative to the other roles. As such, we are reducing its potency against Tank heroes.

ASHE Developer Comments: This Big Omnic Butler tanks a lot of incoming fire and will now be more resistant to knockbacks and critical damage.

B.O.B. B.O.B. now gains the Tank role passive ability.

CASSIDY Developer Comments: With his current tuning Cassidy is performing well in too many aspects between his range, burst damage, and survivability, leading to him being a dominant choice among the Damage heroes by an overwhelming amount. The gameplay goal for Cassidy is to be the sturdier, close-range hitscan who is more proficient at dealing with high mobility flankers. With this in mind, we’re pulling back the effective falloff range of his weapon to help align him with those gameplay goals and to open up more hero variety from the Damage role.

Peacekeeper Primary fire falloff range rescaled from 25-35 meters to 20-30 meters.

PHARAH Developer Comments: This is a reversion back to Pharah’s Concussive Blast from before her recent rework. Dealing even a small amount of damage with this ability increases her lethality significantly and made it too reliable in finishing off low health targets, due to its wide area and fast projectile speed, without waiting the full recovery to fire another rocket.

Concussive Blast Explosion damage reduced from 30 to 0. Explosion knockback radius increased from 6 to 8 meters. Knockback increased by 11%. SUPPORT

ANA Developer Comments: Rather small change here but we’d like to minimize the amount of time Tanks can be taken out of the fight for and they are also the easiest targets to hit with Sleep Dart.

Sleep Dart Duration of effect on Tank heroes decreased from 3.5 to 3 seconds.

ILLARI Developer Comments: Illari will still see this UI alert but allies generally don’t need to as it could occur fairly often and be distracting.

Healing Pylon Allies no longer see the “Destroyed” UI when Healing Pylon breaks.

ZENYATTA Developer Comments: We’re reducing the cost of Transcendence as Zenyatta was impacted more than most by some of the changes in this patch.

Transcendence Ultimate cost decreased 10%.

10 Likes

this game is cooked for sure LOOOL

10 Likes

can someone post the patch notes? they wont load for me?

edit: ty grey :+1:

I sense some Mauga domination

PHARAH

Developer Comments: This is a reversion back to Pharah’s Concussive Blast from before her recent rework. Dealing even a small amount of damage with this ability increases her lethality significantly and made it too reliable in finishing off low health targets, due to its wide area and fast projectile speed, without waiting the full recovery to fire another rocket.

Concussive Blast

• Explosion damage reduced from 30 to 0.
  • Explosion knockback radius increased from 6 to 8 meters.
  • Knockback increased by 11%.

Oh boy we’re still locked in Pharah hell but now with nerfs to the 1 hero keeping her at bay.

Fantastic. I can’t wait.

15 Likes

That’s it… that’s the Pharah nerf? Looks like I reinstalled for nothing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cassidy’s falloff change is honestly not bad, kind of unexpected but not a bad change overall. I think it will actually change his effectiveness quite a bit, and it’s the lowest his falloff has ever been in history but in return he is also the tankiest he’s ever been

That being said when playing against him my issue was never his falloff, but the bullet size

4 Likes

i need to find my post about non-RQ modes again cause giga tanks mean trouble there

2 Likes

wtf is that pharah nerf? that’s it?

4 Likes

It would be fine if Pharah was being sledgehammer nerfed but now we’ve nerfed 1 of the few heroes who can deal with her and in a way that helps Pharah the most.

These changes together are awful.

2 Likes

Mauga looks dead i think 3 sec cardiac is just an ana buff

PHARAH WAS BARELY TOUCHED??? WHY DOES AN OVERPERFORMING HERO GET COMPENSATION BUFFS WHAT THE HELLLL

1 Like

Honestly one of the worst patches I’ve c ever seen. I’ll check back when the 6v6 update comes out.

15 Likes

I joked about Cassidy getting some weird random nerf instead of going down to 250 HP and somehow manifested it. I’m sorry to everyone who particularly cared about Cassidy one way or the other. I didn’t mean it.

3 Likes

oh my god theres no way they nerfed crees falloff and baby nerfed pharah

7 Likes