PATCH LIVE: Notes say no 250 hp McCree

That’s a shame, slower fire rate would’ve had me playing him again.

Was there other changes that didn’t go through /were altered?

the changes are live, no 250 hp buff or firerate decrease

1 Like

do you have the link for it

I cant find them

Sigmas primary fire range reduction isn’t on the patch either.

8 Likes
1 Like

That was probably the best change in the patch and they removed it without an explanation :frowning:

5 Likes

I was skeptical of the McCree change but they didn’t even let me try it out for myself. Oh well. I’m not playing PTR to wait 5 hours for games either.

2 Likes

Why is this on the ancient announcement forum instead of the patch notes page? :thinking:

1 Like

It is on the update page, just not for PC for some reason. click on PS4.

I figured that it always takes some time for it to appear on that page for some reason

1 Like

McCree is perfect where he’s at and I am glad they rolled back the Orisa nerf a little. I would’ve rolled back Baptiste’s nerfs a bit as well as Sigma’s damage too, but I’m grateful for what we got at least.
Everyone should be viable.

2 Likes

Very disappointed they walked the Orisa nerf back a bit. Do they want GM to just be Orisa/Sigma forever? Because they sure aren’t nerfing either of them hard enough to justify the other tanks from what I can see.

Kind of glad about McCree revert, though. I could see pros and cons to it. It ultimately would have made him a stronger hero, imo. But making another DPS really beefy feels so wrong, particularly someone who is so offense oriented otherwise, and nothing about McCree’s aesthetic or kit fit with the “durable dps” model. Making him another obnoxiously hard to dive hero also felt pretty backwards considering how horrible dive is.

4 Likes

It’s so weird for the first time in a long time, the developers are trying to give mutual compromise with the nerfs and buffs. 250 McCree? Nope, but 360-degree Deadeye. Orisa Fusion Cannon 11 to 9 DPS? Way too much, so 10 instead. Sigma nerfs all around, but let him keep the 22 meter range.

I’m liking this. Would have taken 6 months for stuff like this in the past 3 1/2 years, now we can’t keep up.

10 Likes

A good step for Orisa. Still would have liked to see no change at all

1 Like

I really hope this trend continues. It’s like they’re actually paying attention to feedback…Too good to be true? Let’s hope not.

7 Likes

Ah, they added it to the PC page now as well. It has the wrong date and the wrong version number (same as the console pages), but it’s there.

1 Like

Orisa still got nailed pretty hard. The slight damage is revert isn’t going to change that.

2 Likes

I’m more surprised they posted the patch notes on the forums.

I thought they stopped doing that.