Patch issue and much SR loss

Since the last update the social screen is entirely broken AND the game freezes once a day or so.

I now have lost 50+ SR through no fault of my own. Why am I being punished for a Blizzard issue?

is there anything I can do?

Of note: I have confirmed with many people and I am not the only person experiencing this issue.
Do I just forget season 10???

not going to lie this is really annoying me and I am typing this as I am experiencing a 10min ban from comp even though I logged back in under 1min but the game canceled after 30sec (I was in a group).

2 Likes

having the same issue with social screen

really feel annoyed and frustrated about the frozen issue during the game…it just feels like it’s off the season now since i’ve faced this issue more than twice and my account has been suspended for a couple hours…

Temporary social screen “fix”, when the groups tab is broken, go to the friends tab and get back to the groups tab, it fixes itself if u do that

I’m having the same freezing issues as those above are having since the last major patch update. Froze after first point on defense on Gibraltar.

After closing the game the battle net client started an update on Overwatch. I couldn’t connect to the game afterwards “game server connection failed…retrying” and “searching for game server…”. I lost a winnable ranked game and wish I didn’t have to lose SR for what seems like an issue that is out of my control.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

More details about this are important. “Entirely broken” is not helpful to narrow down possible causes. Are you frozen on that menu screen can you force close Overwatch when this happens (Alt+F4)?

Please note, even similar symptoms can be caused due to different issues. While comparing troubleshooting is VERY MUCH ENCOURAGED, remember to do all possible steps.

Just avoid Competitive if this issue is rampant until it is fixed. Remember to test in non-critical modes.

Good tip, however what does “broken” mean? Is it frozen?

Your issues are actually different based on your description. This is purely a disconnection issue in your case. Remember to troubleshoot your equipment or start your own post with any connection tests (perferrably WinMTR) that you have done.