Patch 1.30 Mercy Buff is fine

I don’t main Mercy but she can solo heal again basically if she pops her ult nearly every team fight. I got a game with 63% healing. I never did that with any other healer.

7 Likes

You can’t really base your opinion on one game.

If the enemy team dealt poor dmg, it’s quite easy to attain that much %heal.

Also can we stop talking about this change being a buff ? It’s not, it’s a partial revert.

They just put her back more or less to the state she was before with the same problems she had before. And it was not her healing, it was never her healing. She’s suppose to be good at that as a healing hero.

14 Likes

A buff is a buff my friend. She is a better state now. She was overpowered for over one whole year.

11 Likes

She did need a buff, but she got the wrong sort of buff.

9 Likes

I like the Ult un-nerf.

60hps standard was too much, so dropping beam to 50 was a good move.

But for the Ult it makes sense to restore that back to 60.

4 Likes

I’m not talking about when she was crazy strong, i’m talking about how she was before her unnecessary nerf last patch.

2 Likes

Solo heal? Not really, not enough healing to outnumber the burst damage in the game. Her healing is fine rn(would be perfect at 60hps btw) but that’s not the problem, she’s just so unoriginal now, there’s really nothing in her ult that separates her from othter supports

Chain heal? Little zen ult
Chain boost? Orisa ult
Safety? Again, zen has invulnerability in ult

She NEEDS something I’m ult that incorporates Rez. IMO, just enhancements would be fine

Factually it is a buff, as the current version of Mercy is what Blizzard defines her to be, not what she was at an arbitrarily selected point in the past; and this change was a buff to the current version of Mercy

5 Likes

If you just look at the numbers, yes.

For me a buff is giving something more that she didn’t have before. So that’s why i think it’s a partial revert because the only difference now is the -10hps.

In her state prior to this buff, she healed 50 hp during Valkyrie

In her state after this buff, she heals 60 hp during Valkyrie, which is something she didnt have

This is a buff

4 Likes

She already had 60hps under valk before the unnecessary nerf. Then they decided to reverted it back to 60hps.

I quote from the patch note :
“These changes should restore some of her ultimate’s strength”

This is a partial revert.

2 Likes

Guys, GUYS! You are both technically right and arguing over semantics is not productive.

Instead maybe talk about where we should be going from here.

7 Likes

Factually, Mercy is what she is currently defined to be by Blizzard, as she is their intellectual property

Prior to the recent buff, she was defined to heal 50HP/s during Valkyrie

The change to 60 - since 60 is greater than 50 - means this change is a buff

2 Likes

Alright this is just getting stupid now.

1 Like

in my opinion, a statement of facts when said facts are called into question is never stupid

2 Likes

maybe a little, but let’s get it back on track. What sort of buff would you have preferred she have gotten?

It’s fine but she is still trash and you can’t argue with that.

Lower Rez Cast (in valk or both)

Honestly, get her back to 60hps without the increased 15% rate charge, and simply add instant rez under ult.

That would take off the “should i drop my heal to rez ? Nop bad idea, better keep healing” and never using rez unless safe situation.

N-No she’s not !

1 Like

What you are saying above is stated as a fact, but in my opinion, it is not a fact but rather an opinion.

I and many others disagree with this opinion.

2 Likes