Party Frames might be a huge W

Touché

I never realized that UI was such a touchy subject.

4 Likes

Didn’t you know, team UI is only the first step, next is ow becoming an idle game filled with rainbows and cookie dough Then the gay agenda will be fulfilled.:rainbow:

1 Like

If ult tracking is what is separating you from other players… you are a pretty weak member of your team.

Party frames should have been in the game from the beginning.

3 Likes

Anyone else remember this thread?

In case anyone doesn’t want to click: it’s a thread requesting party frames. It scooped up over a thousand likes.

I’m really happy that they’re going to give it a shot. I’ve always thought it should be in the game since day one.

4 Likes

You sound really desperate to convince us all that you have gamesense

4 Likes

I would see such a change as a huge L for the game, not a W

The last thing this game needs is further lowering of skill requirements for the support role.

If making dumb assumptions just to make weak attempts at insults is what separates you from other commenters, you’re pretty near the top of the list.

Ok…? Wow I’m just torn up by that slicing remark

What is unrealistic about it?

Players will still develop their skills and gamesense over time. This change will help give them more information in real time. I think this helps newer/less experienced players most, but it will even help higher skilled players keep track of their teammates status. It will help coordinate pushes if you know your team is all full HP & what their ult status is without having to do a 360 to look at your teams HP or open the scoreboard for ult charge.

It’s about time! You’ve been missing out on all my spot on hot takes.

Agreed! It’s literally just putting the info on your screen at all times (while not overloading your screens UI if they do it right) instead of having to tab for ult charges

This will help with teamwork coordination big time without everyone having to be on comms.

There isn’t one :smiley:

I’m also guessing it’ll be optional. If you don’t want party frames, you can probably turn them off to get rid of any potential visual clutter. Though if they do it well, it shouldn’t take up much space. Just put 4 tiny circles surrounded by HP/ult charge right above your health bar/icon in a horizontal line, boom. Now you know all of your teammates HP/ult charge at all times and won’t have to tab the scoreboard and block your entire screen to find out

You tell em :muscle:

How are party frames bloated/buggy/break the game? They’re probably going to be optional, and they could take up very little space by your already existing healthbar. It shouldn’t feel cluttered if they do it right.

I think it’s a great service to new players. This game has a pretty large learning curve and keeping track of everything can be hard. These party frames should help with that.

Seriously :laughing: What’s with all the toxicity about it? Seems like nothing but a Win.

I never gave much thought to it, but wow, I somehow didn’t see that thread. Great idea & I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a liked post.

Why is that?

I don’t think it really does that, not to any meaningful degree anyways. It’s not like players can just click portraits to heal their teammates, they still have to play the game. If anything, this just helps teams coordinate better without having to constantly have comms saying what their ult charge is, and it will help coordinate pushes knowing that your team is either full HP, or not.

4 Likes

I’ve been asking for this for years and years. When playing Ana, its so cumbersome going in to TAB to see if people’s ult has charged. Small icons on the lower part of the screen and your done.

It helps players with poor awareness of what’s going on in the teamfight. The end.

Supports need their skill floors massively increasing and do not need yet another thing to hold their hands.

Tbh, I think this decreases the skill floor for tank way more than support but even DPS benefits more than support. Dps and especially tanks being able to know more easily that their support is in trouble will make them far less likely to feed because they won’t get healed.

Does it decrease support skill floor? Of course it does; they can more easily see who needs healing, but support is usually the ones most in the backline anyway so it’s not really a big deal. Tanks on the other hand usually lead the charge so to speak and it can be much harder to be aware of what’s happening behind you than in front of you.

Even from the perspective that supports skill floor is too low, I don’t think this change even benefits them more than it does the other 2 roles.

1 Like

No, it just makes it easier to multitask. This is huge for Tracer, as her playstyle usually comes down to diving and peeling.

1 Like

You mean it takes so much skill to keep spamming that tab-button to check ults right? Better to just make it so it’s always available for a simple QoL change.

Your post reeks of elitism lol

5 Likes

Coming to OW1 from WoW I was kinda shocked I had to track health pools by looking at tiny, constantly moving healthbars. And god help me if the low HP target was standing behind me.

Nowadays I’m much better at it. But to have the option for these frames sounds like there will potentially be less-tunnel vision from players.

Also, the number of people who YOLO into fights when we’re down 2+ people is amazing. At least if people can see how many are dead at a glance we won’t have to rely on people noticing the killfeed.

4 Likes

the scoreboard lookin real good rn

I would’ve been open to this until the recent changes. Now I think we should keep a few things that need gamesense, especially when all you need to do for this is open up the scoreboard.