Party Frames might be a huge W

Having (optional) always visible icons of your teammates that show their HP & ult status would be awesome for coordinating ults/team fights. That should improve teamplay quite a bit

16 Likes

I think this would be a very unrealistic change and ergo would be strongly opposed to it being added to the game

blud just quoted himself repeating what he just said

1 Like

strange

thanks for pointing that out…Ive fixed it

1 Like

Nope. It just serves to widen the skill gap between good players and players with no gamesense.

It actively discourages players from developing their skills and gamesense. Just another example of the game being balanced for the dumbest of the playerbase.

5 Likes

It doesn’t effect balance, it gives more information, there is literally no downside to the game becoming more convenient for the player

I cannot believe I am agreeing with poytheon.

People have been asking for this to be a feature since the first junkenstein event, at least for the support players, now everyone is getting it and I really don’t see the issue.

It reminds me of dark souls players getting mad when elden ring had a hidden easy mode, or street fighter players getting mad over accessibility controls. More accessible to more players is always a good thing especially when your game claims to be a ‘lIvE sErViCe’.

10 Likes

i wouldnt mind it… i mean, i play the game for fun…fun to me is not having to keep tabbing over to the scoreboard screen to see who’s got ults…

i mean…i guess there is a skill thing to just knowing…but, im not that good :smiley:

I fail to see the problem. Do you want Helen Keller refusing to heal you on account of her condition? If this helps her… That benefits everyone. Except for the dps playing against her. It was a lost cause if they were getting diffed by Ms. Keller, however.

4 Likes

Hero balance and game balance are different things. But you didn’t think that far, you just wanted to type up a rely asap.

Considering Helen was both blind and deaf, no I wouldn’t want her to be my support in a game based entirely around split second reactions to audio and visual feedback.

Regardless, you refuse to see the problem, not fail to. I know you’re not an idiot TB, don’t be disingenuous.

1 Like

I am being serious, I would genuinely prefer my inattentive supports have access to a tool that potentially increases the chance of getting food in my mouth. :sob:

Exactly this. It’s for the latenight drunkstack of superfriends sporting those colourful player icons. Who crutch wins against solo queues ft. engagement rigging. You know the types: minority gamers and weekend casuals who expect to click on stuff without really aiming and getting value by “grouping up” and riding some DDA hitreg. And then they want to call themselves gold/plat players.

Their skill wouldn’t last 1 lobby in my bronze5 solo.

you dont gitgud with comms, heals, tanks, teams, or fair matchmakers.
carry against the hard rigging or die trying in default skins.

2 Likes

Not really, the game is a hero shooter it’s game balance is its hero balance.

You haven’t given a good reason why party frames are a bad idea, except that the game will be easier for bad/new players to get into. Which is more in the defense of party frames than against it.

2 Likes

All these in-game systems are bloated, buggy, and break the game.
We have no idea they work, or that the algs/code are free from anything extraneous or nefarious (e.g. patented rigging ™).

More bloated crap that buffers away skill expression, self-agency, and the ability to differentiate and distinguish. It’s programmed fun for superfriends and and terrible for lonewolf PCMR vibes.

Why wouldn’t they put resources into an actual LFG so people can find groups and opt-in for “teamplay” that way? Or an actual solo/duo queue?

Start with actually getting people to team up, before you design all kinds of bells and whistles that enable weak players and bad gameplay on a ranked ladder.

1 Like

Because anyone who would be reliant on these systems (outside of disability reasons), doesn’t have the skills yet to take advantage of such a system as they still lack most of the basics of OW. Such a system will only encourage them to never look around to get gamesense, never bother checking in on their team visually, etc.

Most of the vital information in OW is NOT conveyed through UI, but through in-match animations, sounds, etc. Team UI will only become a crutch for many/most players, holding them back from developing their skills organically.

Anyone with the skills to take advantage of the situation will already understand the value of gamesense which requires moving your camera to looks around at your mates/enemies making the change essentially redundant.

If they made a casual arcade mode or whatnot with team UI I’d be all for it, but not in QP/comp because it’s a fundamental change to the game and all future players, not just a simple UI change.

We should be encouraging players to increase their skill, not dumbing down the game to make it easier to play for people who don’t play the game. It’s like changing the rules of the college football based on your local flag football team’s skill.

Thanks for making it clear you have no understanding of games so that I can never take your comments seriously again lmao

1 Like

We do, party frames are used in pve modes they work fine, they are also used in spectator cam.

There is literally no reason not to add it to the PvP mode.

5 Likes

Pot meet kettle, the games balance is affected by hero power, map design and mode design.

A party frame does not directly affect the games balance nor does it make it too easy, players still have to take in the information they are given and actively make decisions based on that, they still need to judge when to ult, who to prioritise and where to position. Party frames just add a qol feature that should’ve been part of the game from the start.

Again, you clearly lack a basic understanding of games. You even seem to lack an understanding of the words you chose and order you chose to type said words in.

With that in mind, I can see why you’d struggle to understand how Team UI would affect OW.

stacks with comms vs. solo queue players are a far greater gap issue.

they have yet to address that and it has been months/years.
they don’t care about anyone except superfriends who buy skins and expect an engagement-rigged DDA-helped experience.

In general, more HUD, more comms, more grouping up, means you can lower sensitivity and not worry about being 1shot clapped from multiple angles simulataneously. something a solo queue lonewolf has to contend with. most lonewolf players use higher sens because they have to absorb more of the environment per second to be frame-perfect. doing more with less makes them more skillful imo.

feedback elevates your gameplay if you make use of those tools, but not at the expense of crutching them and skipping the fundamentals.

1 Like

And how is that a bad thing?

The same way aim-assist is a bad thing. You’re getting false value from your io and neurokinetics (or lack of), because there is more bloated code between you and the game and the players. more feedback bloat, more buffering out intuition-based decision making, more feedback-based decision making.