OWL skins impacted by move from Fusion to Infernal?

With the recent announcement of Philadelphia Fusion changing name/location/team color to the Seoul Infernal, we’re likely to see the original Fusion skins leave the shop, much like what happened with the 2020 team color swaps (I’m still a bit bitter that this forum post was the only notification of the old skins being made unavailable).

I’m wondering when they will make the change in game, i.e. how much time we have left to get Fusion skins.

Additionally, with Paris Eternal moving to Vegas, has there been any confirmation of a team color swap? Will the existing Paris skins get removed, or just renamed to Vegas?

3 Likes

I hope they announce this well in advance of removing the Skins so I have a chance to purchase them.

3 Likes

It’s clear that a change will happen, so I’m not sure why you would want to wait for an announcement to be made if you really want those older skins.

I didn’t even know when the last set of skins changed and the old ones left forever.

I’ve been thinking this too. Supposedly there’s a rumour that LA Valiant are also rebranding, since they’ve been playing in China for two years now.

Maybe Blizzard are waiting until all the teams have finished their rebrands and their colour schemes are locked in, before dumping all the new skins at once, including the 4 new heroes that still don’t have team skins yet.

I’m not entirely sure yet. The rooster logo (dunno why they’re keeping that though, I thought they would have changed to like some dice or something to represent Vegas better) has changed slightly, but I’m not sure if they’ve changed their scheme yet. Their Twitter page has a lot of orange, red, and black, but none of the blue they used to have, so I reckon they are changing.

They didn’t remove the old Mayhem, Valiant, or Shock skins, you just can’t purchase them any more. I reckon they’ll just add in the new colour schemes then make the old ones unavailable to buy.

Shock changed in 2019, Mayhem and Valiant changed in 2020. After their skins changed the old ones were made unavailable to purchase. I imagine the same will happen for these rebrands.

1 Like

I find it funny that a $50 million arena was built in Philadelphia for the team and was going (maybe it did?) open early 2021. Someone lost a LOT of money over this and it wasn’t Blizzard.

If true, the taxpayers.

I think the owners said they were going to repurpose it into a multi-purpose arena or something.

Also i think that the update of the OWL shop will happen at least 1 month before the start of the OWL and maybe they had made OW2 versions of OWL skins for some teams but they are waiting until those teams who are uncertain about moving or rebranding to make there final decision.

I’m loving the Infernal colors and logo. :eyes: If I’ve ever got way more tokens than I know what to do with, maybe I’ll get the skin for Brig sometime

I wonder if the gold-like color is going to be shiny on the skins, like the Dynasty? Red and shiny gold would be sweet

2 Likes

I really don’t think OWL has that kind of clout. Traditional sports leagues can get away with that sort of thing, but E-Sports has nowhere near that level of popularity.

Are we sure it was JUST for the fusion? Toronto is also building a multi-million dollar epsorts complex, but it’s for all of Toronto’s eSports teams from all games, not just Overwatch.

It was heavily branded with their team name and color but I’m sure it could be used for other stuff.

https://fusionarenaphilly.com

Can we please get a green team again :sob:
This is just becoming Red vs Blue

1 Like

Im 90% sure the owners said theyre gonna repurpose it. But moving to seoul was the right move. It was 2021 and the players wanted to be near home during lockdown2

Houston Outlaws?

Problem is getting a graphic designer to make a new logo costs money, and Chinese LA Valiant exists for the purpose of spending as little money as possible without getting fined by Blizz. This is most likely the biggest if not sole reason Valiant didn’t rebrand years ago.

I mean, true; but I’m talking like old Valiant.

Rich green with yellow accents… :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I miss the old Valiant green/gold colours. I’d love to have the opportunity to purchase them again. You’d think with Blizzards cash grab attitude ATM, old owl skins would have made a return to the shop.

3 Likes

Apparently valiant is changing from LA to some other place. Maybe they go green again

2 Likes