OWL On ABC Garners Rage

Oh man, a bunch of people willing to give themselves permanent brain and body damage for the sake of entertainment. Whatever will we do without them?

I said anyone can do it, I’m not THAT into Overwatch but lets be real any regular joe who puts the time in can be a pro overwatch player or even make it to contenders. It’s just like competitive eating man.

You could say that for any other sport technically.

You could literally say that about ANY OTHER SPORT

holy jesus you are ignorant.

1 Like

Not wanting to? Wanting a real job or even better perusing a career in a real sport?

No, no you cannot, because esports… IS NOT A SPORT eyyyy

Plenty, they’re real athletes though. What will we do without a bunch of nerfs playing video games? Plenty.

They are equally useless to society, but at least the worst that can happen to a pro gamer is carpel tunnel. Messed up wrist is still more useful than a broken brain.

More useful how? In what context? You’re not even making a point here more like uh just being weird.

Regardless of what you have to say about them, one is a real athlete the other is not?

I don’t see what the point is crapping on people being in the entertainment industry just because it is a different part if the industry.

The only esports that are actual slaps in the face to physical sports are FIFA and Madden pros

esports, those are esports. They are apart of esports. All esports are a slap in the face to real sports, especially when those who partake are called athletes.

Oh look at me I can click a mouse, I play a video game for an hour every day. Excuse the guy works out for multiple hours a day, studies a REAL playbook, has no meta to fall back on and can’t take advantage of a video game’s mechanics to look good on game day.

Oh yes such athlete much wow

1 Like

Sad part is that if chess was broadcasted instead then it would’ve recieved far less critique despite the fact it’s also a game (an incredibly booring game to watch aswell).

But these are the people who got thaught that chess players are smart so now they feel super intellectual because they are watching chess.

Video gamers however, they are stupid (we all know this because we saw billy who was addicted to world of warcraft in 2005 on the news).

Give me a break.

2 Likes

well… staring at a screen looking at pretty colors all day… sorta simple once you think about it. Doing a bunch of programmed things and not relying on your own will or actual physical exertion…

Do me a favor and maintain Top 500 for multiple seasons in a row, make (I think) top 8 in multiple tournaments, and then play professionally for a hot second. That’s not easy either.

The NFL is just a bunch of adults putting too much effort in another hobby people have in middle school and high school with less pay off.

No, you do me a favor. Go play some football, gridiron rules and then come back and talk to me about your esports and how hard they are.

Don’t even have to stand up to play…

Yeah they only apparently play an hour a day nevermind that OWL players actually practice 12+ hours a day for six days a week, but do keep going off about something you can’t even bother to actually look up. Nah just keeping talking out the side of your mouth.

1 Like

No thanks, I’m not ruining my body for someone else’s entertainment. I will play games though.

12 horus a day my behind. You have evidence for this?

all of the players scrimm for almost 10 hours a day, and it’s not just a mental toll but can also translate to a physical toll when you come to the case of seagull, who gained a crap ton of weight and sleep apnea due to stress. Is it on the level of an athlete? Not by a long shot. But you can’t discount it.

Also Overwatch probably has more strategical intricacies than regular sports.

1 Like

Jesus christ guys, ur all falling for the most obvious bait ever, step up :joy:

Mental toll? YOU’RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME FOR RECREATION. If that gives you a mental toll you’re either soft or you’re a pansy. Most people play that regularly. Atleast, a lot of usual OW players do that.

Also, weight gain? Sleep apnea? THAT’S JUST GAMERS IN GENERAL.

More strategical intricacies? Do you even know the amount of work that goes into running simple plays in football? The level of understanding it takes to be aboe to do something as normal as a jet sweep? It is far more strategically inclined then clicking a button and choosing whatever character is in the meta.

I know you’re trolling me at this point.