OWL On ABC Garners Rage

25 Likes

Oh no…
The abc showed gaming stuff

9 Likes

Looks like it is not all garbage after all.

From the article:
"However, one critic appeared to turn a new leaf, after taking some time to watch the League despite his initial misgivings.

“The more I watch (it), the more I really like it,” the former-critic-turned-fan wrote. “Sold, it’s a skill just like sports. I stand corrected, this is awesome.”

Hear us roar! :sunglasses:

27 Likes

Relevant
Day 2

Day 1

12 Likes

Ha! XD XD XD

The horror indeed!

3 Likes

Yes, very.

Thanks for adding to the positivity, Dysvalence.

As garbage said, hear us roar! XD

3 Likes

this one is better
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/625/428/bd6.png

1 Like

Well it is sort of a mockery of real sports.

Guys who actually put time and effort into readying their physiques and mindsets vs a bunch of out of shape guys who can right click on a mouse.

The viewership won’t be anywhere near NFL level, heck a browns vs bills game would probably get more views but it is still quite insulting. Biggest insult is something so small going against March Madness of all things.

8 Likes

XD

5 Likes

Props to the person who gave it a chance and saw the parallels to physical sports. People who call it garbage are idiots. At the very least it’s no worse than the terrible dramas that channel run lol

My mom saw it on ABC and texted me “Hey that game you play is on TV. It’s kind of cool”.

17 Likes

i always aggressively defend the things i love but i had no idea people were this much biased against overwatch/gaming

2 Likes

Yes, that appeared to be the main gist of the naysayers and ragers.

Of course, as we all know, OW Pros put in a lot of time and make many sacrifices to get to where they are at, not unlike athletes in professional physical sports.

Over here in South-East Asia and Asia in general, eSports is an official medal sport in the 2019 SEA and was a feature for the 2018 Asian games.

8 Likes

And actual athletes put sacrifice into their bodies, can have their careers end at any time due to actual physical activity as well. Oh and then there’s the constant bombardment from MILLIONs of people to play well under the duress of being threatened. Oh and then there are the cleat chasers.

Yeah no, in the West E-sports are uh sorta silly. The reactions from normal people is just sort of uh, warranted. Makes a mockery of real sport you know?

5 Likes

I do get what you are saying, having played basketball competitively in my younger days (i am 43 now and my body has broken down with plantar fasciitis and a myriad of other aliments despite the fact that i am still lean at 158lbs / 5’11").

I also make my son do bball training as well as bringing both my daughter and son for aikido training. Physical activity and sports is a must. And both are crazy over Overwatch like their old man. XD

I can totally understand the outrage at OWL game replacing a March Madness slot (what a game for Duke!) but i really would not go so far as to say that it is a mockery. It is just a different genre.

7 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from.

1 Like

Thanks, mate =)

1 Like

Wait, this borefest was shown on ABC for 3 hours? ROFL.

7 Likes

question though…wasnt the OWL game stopped being shown on abc because of breaking news?

Every sport is sorta silly. They exist to have fun after all, unless you want to make it your job.

How?

I played hockey and loved the physicality of it (a bit too much in retrospect tbh). But it really pisses me off when fans that can’t even skate use that to puff their chests and denigrate other sports.

4 Likes

Yeah no, see esports are sort of like competitive eating. Sure, they take a little preparation, requires some talent but ultimately anyone with two hands can do it.

See, there’s talent in actual sports like hockey, soccer, basketball, football and even golf. Not just any one can do it, you need decent physical conditioning and great mental strength.

When we play Overwatch are we playing a sport? No, so what makes it anymore a sport then any real sport? It’s not even recognized as a sport man! The Pokemon championships are more of a sport! Not just anyone can train up some good mons but ANYONE can make it in the OWl. Heck I remember there being some controversy because some streamer wouldn’t have to go through contenders lol.

4 Likes