OWL On ABC Garners Rage

I want to see you pick up 6 random on the streat and beat NYXL in dive.
:slight_smile:

With the preparation and give them the same mechanics everyone else has? sure. it is easier to be a pro gamer then its a pro athlete after all.

… Its easy to be a top athlete.

There ya go :blush: i guess I nailed it

2 Likes

Well they sure as heck aren’t athletes so sure, it’s easier to be a e-sports ‘athlete’ stretched term

The best part of it being broadcast nationally on ABC was seeing Uber say “Time off the C**K”

Stoked to see OWL on ABC. Hoping to see it on more major networks in the future.

Like it or not, eSports are on the rise. Maybe OWL won’t be the first truly popular eSport, but it’s paving the way if nothing else.

The time of the neanderthal throwing his little ball around is coming to an end.

3 Likes

It reminds me of when ninja went to the NYC new years eve thing and nobody knew who he was, he was trying to hype the crowd and nobody was paying attention to him.

3 Likes

If someone is going to popularize esport, at least let it be someone who actually cares for their playerbase and games.

OW is just not an esport material. It is a casual game that is not good for watching.

1 Like

Holy, its an amazing e sport game, far better then Lol or CS.

Can’t tell if sarcasm or serious. With this community you never know.
Even hearthstone is more fun to watch. Make an esport out of that one. It is closer to chess as well.

Well…if you think so.
I think its amazing to watch.
An fast paste game with little downtime betwen the teamfights.

So many who don’t understand the physical toll of being a professional video game player.

1 Like

So what’s your excuse?

1 Like

That’s what you get when you try to force a mediocre esport onto the mainstream.

Two mistakes:

1. You tried to force esport on the mainstream.

2. You picked a mediocre title.

They do have the houndreds of millions of dollars of investor money from Craft and other rich folks backing them up though, so by my estimate, the money will push the League for the next couple of years until either people decided their money can be better spent elsewhere for better returns (a likely outcome if players start a union or a player association like CS:GO did) or the money-bought appearance of mainstream acceptance results in actual mainstream acceptance.

“Oh no, how DARE ABC cater to someone who is not me?!”
-Old Man currently yelling at cloud

2 Likes

That is actually my main issue. You can’t really get what is happening unless sit there and watch the whole time.

If you check real sports, and even most esports, you will see they are very slow paced with very little happening except key moments. This is actually a good thing when watching a sport cuz it lets you “breath” and do other stuff while watching. Your attention doesn’t have to be there at 100% all the time.

2 Likes

And i think differently, i hate brakes wher nothing is happening and with short games you have a lot of brakes.

1 Like

Even CS:GO is slow-paced and methodical enough a lot of times, when teams are vying for position and trying to out-flank each other, and when they’re down to only a couple of players alive on each side.

Games like Starcraft and MOBA titles are perfectly suited for viewing because of their build-up and chess-like strategies. And the top-down isometric view works wonders for viewership.

OW is just a bad basket to put all their esports money into imo. If they had given SC2 the same support in the west and gone in with such a full-scale league like we’re seeing with the OWL, it would’ve been a real thing to behold. But they didn’t. So here we are.

2 Likes

Speaking of breaks, OWL has a lot of regrouping. One person dies and you have to watch them regrouping every time while in the team fights there is too much going on to even follow.

yeah, exactly.

I’m glad that people are starting to get into esports. While not a sport per se, it should start to be taken quite seriously imo.

1 Like