Owl!? no thanks!

i was going to make a post about this actually…everyone always compares other games to overwatch…i want to see someone look at other games through the same microscope they use to disect OW…curious how different they really are…and i mean REALLY look at the competition…no stone left unturned

Couldn’t be because they rushed to release without all the features and heroes totally fleshed out?

That’s still the case tbh.

1 Like

Keep in mind they got rid of two of their old CFO’s who was heavily focused on shrinking budgets.

Overwatch team doesn’t get to determine how much money they get to do their job.

Well here is the problem. They are going to auto play the league games again on the launcher for the first few days so it looks like there are more views even if no one is actually at the computer watching. I rem last year when the OWL launched, my computer was on with bnet up and I was outside mowing my lawn and come back in and guess what? OWL was playing on my launcher.

Now there are 2 problems with this because of how shady blizzard has gotten. 1 is you have people out there that have limited bandwidth which this eats up peoples data which is screwed up that they do this. And 2, there are people who claim that the views on bnet dont count towards how many people are watching. This is wrong and there was a tweet from a executive last year admitting that the views do count.

didnt they just leave, then they dropped like a lot of money as a welcoming gift for the other CFO?

The promised content are heroes, maps, balance changes and skins though? Aren’t we still getting all of that?

1 Like

One of them left, one of them was fired because they were leaving. Not really sure the distinction.

Either way, Overwatch team does the work, but Blizzard CFO, and ActivisionBlizzard CFO control how much money Overwatch team gets to use.

I’m honestly kinda hoping that Blizzard “sticks to their guns” with trying to force the OWL agenda … or else … ultimatum. If OWL tanks and OW begins to follow suit, OW could scrap the whole esports scene and get back to Making OW Great Again. OR they can stubbornly hold the wheel of the ship as it sinks, which would suck , but out of the void will come a game to replace it. Why? There’s clearly a large market for this audience, and if OW goes belly up that is a big potential market to capitalize on.

I really enjoy Overwatch, but after 3 years I don’t think any of us are looking through rose-tinted glasses anymore. I would like to see OW turn it around and be here (in a strong state) for years to come. However, it just comes off as a serious lack of effort when content is dragged out at a snail’s pace, game events are recycled and lazy, balance changes take too long to address and are often heavy-handed, and the issues of comp being a cesspool for throwers/leavers and using outdated anchor stats. OW needs competition.

Lets boycott one of the biggest money producers for our game that is already under the ownership of a broke company. This will obviously result in us getting new content and devs understanding what we want instead of lowering the income of pro players and the general income of the company resulting in a hots 2. Absolute 5head logic.

1 Like

He’s right. Let’s just mindlessly consume whatever is put in front of us so our digital overlords don’t lose money.

2 Likes

I have actually never watched more then a minute or two of OWL, so I back this thread!

Games are for playing imo.

Its like my buddy who buys the NHL games, he doesnt even play them he uses the simulation mode, and he doesnt even watch them, lol.

Its like, “dude are u ok, what are u doing???”

I already quit this game long ago lmao. You want to play the game? Then you support the company. It is true that most of the funds went to the owl, but if you boycott it all those funds are going to waste and the comp ends up losing money. This forum is actually actively trying to kill the game and it’s absolutely hilarious. Burning garbage heaps are fun to warch.

This sorta reminds me of Stockholm Syndrome, except it’s a former hostage sympathizing with the current plight of the captors.

killing off the game is a genius way to improve it? 3000 IQ play right there

1 Like

A lot of people don’t want to hear this, but this is the key to solving the game’s major issues.

1 Like

But people just want supports to be busted so they can be “fun” to play.

1 Like

Or they could stop giving us BS for content. No one wanted OWL. They recycle events, out source skins and map stuff to other companies. Look at the Diablo BS going on with a mobile game no one wanted. This companies stock has dropped big time. Maybe they should give us players what we want instead of doing stupid bull crap

We’re literally about to get a new map, hero and game mode when archives drops (all within next 2 month)…on top of OWL starting up again…

“What we want” - is laughable…we want a thousand different things (perhaps you missed the most recent Jeff interview where he literally asked “what the hell do we all want” since were so all over the place)…and given the commentary you see on here…completely unmerited

1 Like

We want content. We should not be getting only 3 heroes a year and only 3 maps or so a year. Look at paladins, its not as clean as this game but pushes out almost 3 times more content that is more balanced, on a much smaller budget and company, and a much much smaller dev team. How is it that a much smaller company with much less resources do so much more then the OW dev team?