LP: 11 (11-4 +13)

West Region Day 3 • Match 3

VS.

San Francisco Shock

Toronto Defiant
LP: 1 (11-4 +17)

LP: 9 (9-6 +2)

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated YouTube clips, gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

Join the official forums OWL Pick'em Leadeerboards!Need info on the 2021 OWL Season? Click here to watch my video explaining it all!
1 Like

What’s at stake in today’s matches.

• The teams locked into at least the Play-ins have been decided. So Vancouver Titans and London Spitfire are only playing for pride and jobs, and for London not becoming a winless team this season.
  • Los Angeles Gladiators are clinched into the Countdown Cup, but a win can boost their chances to reach the Playoff cutoff for the post-season.
  • Houston Outlaws must win 2 maps in this match to enter the countdown cup.
  • San Francisco Shock can move a step closer to a postseason Playoff berth with a win in their match. If they 3-0 or 3-1 the Toronto Defiant, they will get a first round bye in the Countdown Cup Knockouts.
  • Toronto Defiant can get a first round bye in the Countdown Cup Knockouts tomorrow with a win.

That poor squirrel…

At last, we finally made it to the final day of the regular season, and that means one thing…THE BREAD BOWL IS HERE!

Sadly, because my love for football is bigger than my love for OWL, I will for the most part be on the sidelines (and also because I don’t want to get yelled at by the forum software). Don’t worry, I’ll still be present for tomorrow’s CC Knockouts.

Anyway, let’s have a quick look at the West Region standings, starting with Countdown Cup standings:

^^Atlanta Reign 4-0 (4 League Points) (+7)
^Toronto Defiant 3-0 (3 League Points) (+6)
^San Francisco Shock 2-1 (2 League Points) (+4)
^Los Angeles Gladiators 2-1 (2 League Points) (+4)
Houston Outlaws 2-1 (2 League Points) (+2)
^Paris Eternal 2-2 (2 League Points) (+1)

-Cutoff-

Dallas Fuel 2-2 (2 League Points) (+0)
(E)Vancouver Titans 1-2 (1 League Points) (-3)
(E)Florida Mayhem 1-3 (1 League Points) (-3)
(E)Boston Uprising 1-3 (1 League Points) (-5)
(E)Washington Justice 1-3 (1 League Points) (-6)
(E)London Spitfire 0-3 (0 League Points) (-7)

^^=Clinched top 2 seed in CC Knockouts
^=Clinched spot in CC Knockouts
(E)=Eliminated from Countdown Cup
Bold=Playing today

And now, for the West Region overall playoff standings:

Dallas Fuel 11-5 (17 League Points) (+14)
Atlanta Reign 11-5 (12 League Points) (+20)
San Francisco Shock 11-4 (11 League Points) (+17)

-Playoff Automatic Cutoff-

Houston Outlaws 11-4 (11 League Points) (+13)
Los Angeles Gladiators 10-5 (10 League Points) (+17)
Washington Justice 9-7 (9 League Points) (+3)
Toronto Defiant 9-6 (9 League Points) (+2)
Paris Eternal 8-8 (8 League Points) (+0)
Boston Uprising 7-9 (7 League Points) (-4)

-Play-In Cutoff-

Florida Mayhem 5-11 (6 League Points) (-12)
Vancouver Titans 1-14 (1 League Points) (-34)
London Spitfire 0-15 (0 League Points) (-36)

Bold=Playing today

Looking at these standings, the 9 teams that are going to the postseason are decided, so it’s mostly a battling for positioning at this point for the playoffs. The Houston Outlaws and Gladiators matchup are the big match today (besides the Bread Bowl), as a win by the Outlaws would put them ahead of the Reign, who are without their star DPS player Pelican.

As for my predictions, I predict Vancouver 3-1 over London, Gladiators 3-2 over Houston, and San Francisco 3-1 over Toronto.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go clean up Danny’s and Reinforce’s mess before the second half of Dolphins vs. Bears kicks off…

It’s coming home

The stale bread bowl you mean……Vancouver ruined this last week….so much potential….

oh no…did they just…

Different platforms separate forums?

I tried to watch while monitoring the forum on my iPad.
:disappointed:
I just couldn’t find this thread on my iPad.

Spoilers

They’ve did it! Deserved the win

good job london…i salute you

/equip Winston Flying Ace

1 Like

lol i didnt know they could play uncensored audio…but you know what…f— REDACTED…they deserved to be happy

So only Valiant are winless.

I knew it

so now they have artists during commercials i guess?

Hey it could be worse. It could be DJ Klaeed performing.

i want to correct your spelling…but that might be better

Mitch has a cool looking shirt this session.
Blue and orange fire blend looks cool.
:+1:

Los Angels should change their team name.
Valiant sounds so negative.
“They made a Valiant effort even though they lost.”

it only sounds negative when used in that context though

like if i say “they fought really well or heroicly even though they lost” that also sounds negative

I have heard the use of the word “Valiant” in past contexts.
All used the word Valiant in a negative manner.
“He fought Valiantly. He didn’t survive.”
I haven’t heard any positive uses for it to date.

They should change their team name.
It may be messing with them a bit.

I like that they’re trying to re-integrate the player comms again. The live comms was a bad call at the start of the year, but the way it’s done here is a lot more fitting.