OW2 | Xbox controller disconnecting mid game

Also to give the full details of my setup for the bug report. I’m running a new Xbox elite series 2 controller on an Xbox series x, usually with an Astro a40 headset plugged into the controller. During OW2 games the controller will randomly disconnect for around 10ish seconds and sometimes it will accept some inputs by with a significant 3 second delay on movements. My friend in the party chat said it sounds like I’m cutting in and out as well which has to do with my mic being connected through the controller. Only experiencing this issue in OW2, only solutions so far have been to have another controller on standby to try to debug the first controller, and I’ve started plugging in my controller via usb to the Xbox but unsure if this is helping or not yet.

3 Likes

i have the same problem with an xbox elite 2 controller and with the normal one

4 Likes

Does blizzard see our posts at least ?

7 Likes

I think he doesn’t care because the problem has been posted by the forum for more than a year

3 Likes

We need them to see and acknowledge this issue

3 Likes

Apparently it’s the 120hz setting paired with a headset plugged in the controller. If you switch it to 60 and in theory it should stop

But still doesn’t seem right, i want to enjoy my game in 120 fps

4 Likes

Tried with 2 different series x and 5 different controllers. Disconnecting multiple times a match. The fact that this hasnt even been addressed is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Open a ticket to blizzard support, they need to acknowledge the issue

3 Likes

same issue. Xbox Series X, Elite 2 Controller, Using the 3.5mm audio jack.

3 Likes

So first time Overwatch player and my controller is doing the same thing. I’m on a Series S, regular controller.

2 Likes

I have also had the same exact problem since the beta. I was hoping it would be fixed or addressed by now… It literally griefs you and makes the game unplayable. It only happens on the frame rate setting but I want to be able to play the game at 120 fps just like I did in OW1 with absolutely no problems.

I hope this is addressed remotely soon. Overwatch is my favorite game :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here, using 120fps mode + wireless Xbox Series X controller with wired headset and my controller disconnects mid-game.

OW2 isn’t even the only game that does this either which means it’s a serious problem and Xbox hasn’t acknowledged it.

2 Likes

I’m not even playing on 120. I do have a gaming monitor for my Series S but it doesn’t do 120 fps. I do play on 1440p though. I wonder if that’s my issue. Because the first few days, it wasn’t doing this. But I do change my resolution sometimes depending on what I’m doing/playing.

So question. If my monitor can’t do 120fps, should I just turn performance mode off?

How do i use the other controller to help fix this i cant get kicked out again, it drives me up a wall and I would love to know any and all work arounds

Yeah it’s pointless because your monitor can’t support it so you can’t experience it. If it has a 80hz refresh rate for example, 80 fps is the most you will see no matter what the game setting is on. May as well enjoy the higher resolution graphics if the refresh rate of your monitor/TV is 60hz or under.

1 Like

Do you think it would fix the issue if we used a wireless headset on the 120fps setting? I wanna try it. If they sadly aren’t going to fix it anytime soon…

I just bought a wireless headset because of this issue lol, i will try and tell you if it works
U can also just plug your controller in and u won’t get the issue

1 Like

Oh well that is really good to know. I will try that then I suppose. Thank you my friend let me know how the headset works out for you!

1 Like

Same here. Has been happening since the beta. Still happening on OW2 release

1 Like