OW2 | Xbox controller disconnecting mid game

Blizzard is the xbox enemy. Support Paladins instead

Plugging in the controller via a USB-C and using it wired seems to solve the issue. This is the best solution for the time being.

Doesn’t even matter. Removing the batteries and putting em back doesn’t even work. This is ridiculous

2 Likes

Same. This looks really bad for us tbh I feel like no one is talking about it, I wonder how could they fix this if they’re not even aware of the issue

1 Like

playing wired is the only way to fix it. you can get a USB-c from Amazon for <$10

1 Like

Is it the only way? I’ve read using a wireless headset also works, might get one only for this. I really wanna play this

1 Like

Same problem here with series x and elite controller v2. Nice to know that if you use controller with cable that resolves problem. Hope blizzard gonna investigate this problem because its so annoying.

3 Likes

Same here. I use the normal xbox one fat controller on series X and it’s happening in several matches my controller just stops working and the character starts making random movements, it only solves if I take the battery out.

1 Like

this bug is game breaking blizzard plssss see us :pensive:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried updating their controller? I think that might help.

Im having a similar issue with my mouse on pc its not disconnecting but it just stops registering the input and its always while im in a fight trying to track someone it just stops like my mouse dc

I did that, but nothing change.

Hi I’m experiencing this issue too. So annoying. Iv spent days try to figure out what’s actually happening to discover it’s when your headset is plugged in and only on this game.

1 Like

This bug is so annoying :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Are you all using 120fps (“frame rate”) mode? Setting the game to use 60fps (“resolution”) mode in the video preferences works for me as a workaround to this issue. Unfortunate that Blizzard hasn’t seemed to acknowledge this as a problem.

I am having the same issue now, and it only just started happening days after I was already playing the game which makes no sense. But it’s making it unplayable, I just start walking uncontrollably and the enemy take an easy kill. Happens every match now.

Same happens to me. Im on Xbox series x, xbox elite series 2 controller, I have Sennheiser GSP 500 plugged into monitor for sound, and an in line EQ that runs chat to/from controller via stereo headset adapter (for the mute and volume up/down options)

So The controller will just randomly desync and i will usually just start spinning whatever direction i was holding last. No button is responsive, Not even on off xbox button. I have not had this issue on other games, and in OW 2 it only seems to happen on elite 2 and have not had it happen on elite 1 ( but that controller drifts & dont wanna be forced to use it)

I found unplugging chat adapter/cable from controller is fastest way to get it working ( but still very annoying to have to deal with) it also does not happen when controller is plugged in via usb, get an annoying buzz when i use my headset while plugged in that i have not figured out ( probably the in line adapter interference) It also works fine when i play alone and leave chat line unplugged. Either way, my set up works with all other games and has for a long time and would love this issue to be resolved w/o cheap work arounds or requiring to buy new wireless headsets ect.

Same issue with me - Xbox Series X, Elite Series 2 controller. The problem stops when I plug my controller into my console, definitely not ideal for my setup though. Is there any update on a fix?

Playing wired seems to eliminate the issue. Shouldn’t have to do this though

It would be nice if Blizz added this as a known issue because it is an easily replicable bug. :slight_smile: