'OW2 tanks are buffed' is gaslighting

OW2 has destroyed tanks.
We’ve seen the footage. The pros IN the footage agree tanks were screwed up and weird. The people PAID to comment on the footage couldn’t help but admit the tanks were being shredded.

If anyone tells you to wait until you play the game, or tries to spin the narrative, tell them to kiss off. Tell the developers to stop being trash and twisting the game to please the whims of damage mains.

60 Likes

They haven’t even showed us what they are working on beyond Rein yet

8 Likes

Don’t use such a serious term as “gaslighting” to describe a video game…especially when you’ve completely misused it.

39 Likes

Are you just not watching the same game as everyone else? Did you watch a different game and you thought it was OW2?

In the actual game we saw, Sombra was by far the most powerful hero to the point where she broke everything. Then it was 100% the Tank and then the Ana with the other 2 not really having much impact (the 2nd DPS could have taken a nap)

2 Likes

Still waiting on seeing what they do about the anti-tank on storm arrow, fan the hammer, and Echo Beam. Also sleep dart and anti heal.

It could be a lot of the “Tank buffs” are nerfs to AntiTank.

Similar to how removing CC buffs Flankers, and removing Barriers buffs snipers.

2 Likes

From the demo, Sleep Dart had a 15 second cooldown, but that was all I could see (I may have missed something).

1 Like

I’d really like them to lower the minimum stun duration to something negligible, rather than 2/3rds as long as an earthshatter.

Sleep should be a sleep. Not a big stun and a sleep.

2 Likes

I hope they buff ana in other regards then because 1 less tank (meaning less peel) and less CC plus that nerf just means ana is a free meal.

Today in “using buzzwords is cool”

PS: A good way for sleep to exist would be being able to wake up teammates with melee Realistically, a flanker is dead anyways in that situation, and the only thing it fixes is the lucky long range sleep on a tank leaving his whole team exposed.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. So the preliminary opinions have already been cemented as irrefutable fact.

1 Like

We’ve seen though

Zarya has April fool’s changes
I think dva has 4s matrix
Winston has secondary fire (Winston seems like the best tank IMO)

1 Like

I didn’t know OW2 has gone gold. News to me.

There is literal video evidence of the tank just dying in under a second, SOLO from sombra by a hack. There is video of the tank just getting killed solo by reaper with 2 people healing the tank.

It is strange how people are just ignoring these things, and being blizzard mouth pieces. Tanks are absolutely getting destroyed right now.

10 Likes

That’s a cool story. Does this mean tanks are dying too fast though? Could it mean that that particular DPS is overturned? Could it be that healing is too ineffective at offsetting damage leading tanks to die faster than expected in certain situations? You’ll, of course, already have your answer but you can’t expect everybody to automatically agree.

It’s strange how people react with such volatility to opposing opinions and they try to invalidate them instead of having a discussion.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, and I’m not saying your right. I’m saying the idea that people know enough about the game to comment with certainty about balance in a game that is a largely new experience for them is… Just arrogance. The popular opinion has been wrong before, especially as it pertains to new things. And maybe this time the popular opinion is right on the money - I wouldn’t be terribly surprised to find tanks receiving changes to boost their survivability. However, the popular opinion has been wrong before, and we shouldn’t be trying to shame people who are just deciding to wait until we have a fuller understanding of the game and how it should be played before we make judgements.

3 Likes

That arguably makes it even worse.

If the tank they felt would be the best showcase is this bad, what are the ones they’re not showing us like?

13 Likes

Gee, it is like there is information out there that says that healing is getting a 25% blanket nerf along with DPS getting buffs.

Gee, I wonder what kind of other logical fallacy people will come up with to ignore the information that is all over the place. :roll_eyes:

It is strange how you regurgitate blizzard talking points and don’t expect people to call you a blizzard mouth piece pawn.

7 Likes

Please post, because this is literally impossible on anything other than a Zarya with almost 100% accuracy and 100% crits.

Please take 2 seconds on youtube to search it, and watch the actual video and see Mags get hacked and destroyed in under a second while getting healed. It has been posted everywhere and I am tired of being lazy peoples errand boy.

1 Like

Gee, its like literally none of this is relevant to my point.

I do expect people people to call me all kinds of things, because people here disregard logic and run from proper discussion and just call people names with negative connotations in order to dismiss them so they don’t have to worry about their arguments.

I have strongly disagrees with Blizzard on many of their decisions. I have agreed with Blizzard on others. I haven’t even seen Blizzard comment on people’s concerns about this issue. Call me what you like. It only highlights weakness in your character, not my argument.

3 Likes

Yes it is.

Not at all. You are literally regurgitating blizzards word for word. You aren’t thinking logically or critically, you haven’t watched the OW2 match video, and you haven’t see super talking about OW2 and how it actually felt when he was allowed to talk about it on his stream with no hold bars.

4 Likes