OW2 "Sneak Peek" (Art of Overwatch Vol.2)

NYXL Graphic Designer ZenofyMedia got his hands on the new “The Art of Overwatch: Volume 2” book. Marketing for this book promised a “Sneak peek at Overwatch 2” and below you can see the content this was alluding to.

4 Likes

pretty cool. i still like widows default skin better then the new one but tracers new skin looks better then the original (hehe :wink:)

i usually collect artbooks for D&D type games like pathfinder and forgotten realms but i might just skip on this one. guess im not the biggest overwatch fan

1 Like

So this book was supposed to launch before they show up the new widow design, coz there isnt any “”"“sneak peak”"""" :skull::skull::skull:

17 Likes

It was supposed to launch in october. After the widow and tracer reskins were shown.

What really urks me is all the listings and even black horse comics all state that the sneak peak was going to be exclusive to the book. And it wasnt.

3 Likes

That sucks.

But i do think the concept art is cool

A sneak peek at things we already knew for months

Nice.

10 Likes

I mean if you really thought an art book was going to reveal everything about the game I don’t know what to tell you

This is honestly on par with what I expected…less quantity for sure but in terms what was shown not surprised

I like Tracers new kicks. Better than the Crocs.

This is beyond pathetic.

What if it shows new looks we haven’t seen yet :hushed:

I feel like everyone being in contact with OW are just trolling with the outsiders

Sneak peek? This is misleading marketing, or got hilariously delayed too much. Not even what Arnold Tsang is saying is that new. The gist of what he said was pretty much spoken during the Blizz online presentation.

Another disappointment, which is 2021’s most dominant theme.

7 Likes

Strategies for selling the book apparently included blatantly lying. I mean, I expected crumbs as it is, but I certainly didn’t expect them to try and pass off information we’ve known about since 2019 as a “sneak peek” LOL.

2 Likes

Maybe there’s more pages that we haven’t seen yet? SURELY the sneak peak isn’t stuff we’ve known for, at minimum, almost a year now???

Rein looks like a homeless man.

It’s the sneakpeak, other people have confirmed it as quite a few people received it on Thursday.

Blizzard laughing their way to the bank

People still have too much faith in companies.

4 Likes

Makes me lose interest in purchasing the Overwatch: Declassified in November 1 which apparently contains a full comprehensive summary of the Overwatch story leading to OW2. They say it will contain ‘weapon schematics’ but I now bet you a good chunk of my money that we will just see Ana’s weapon blueprints from her teaser and other weapon blue-prints from the in-game sprays.

Also, I bet the history will just be the origin video’s transcripts copy and pasted, and heavily plagiarize DoctorSix’s comprehensive OW1 summary (because not even the writers bothered to actually put all the chaotic, scattered story bits together like Six has).

i REALLY hope people arent buying BECAUSE of potential OW2 news…

like the book in question in the topic is an artbook…i would assume people buy it because they like the games art…

i would hope thats not the case with the one youre mentioning

I’m not buying it for OW2 news, I’m buying it for never-before-seen weapon blueprints, and a comprehensive summary that explains the plot holes leading up to OW2’s story. If they can’t deliver that, then the book is not worthy of its expensive price tag and is a spiritual failure.

If I just get content that I can see myself by staring at sprays, tweets or by reading a dedicated fan’s plot summary, then the book is a horrible money grab and the author + Blizzard should be scolded for such low quality work.