OW2 Screen Flashing Heavily

I installed the OW2 beta and within a minute of booting, the screen would not stop violently flashing. I have tried turning off and on pretty much any and every video setting, VSync and window mode included, reinstalling all video drivers, NVIDIA drivers, the beta itself, and have restarted the computer a dozen times in the process. Followed all steps in this previous post and nothing: Screen flickering during games - #4 by Caterpepi

Game is basically unplayable for me as is and a definite hazard for epileptics if they run into this bug. Overwatch runs fine, only happening in OW2. Happy to try anything and give any specs needed to figure out what is wrong.

2 Likes

This is happening to me but it also was a problem in OW 1 but less of a problem for hair and some different textures. I have submitted a ticket but I haven’t had any answers

My gf had the same problem ! She has two 1080 and it finally worked when she disabled the SLI ! So if you have 2 graphic cards in SLI, try to disable it in the Nvidia Control Panel :slight_smile: Hope it can help

YEEE, disabling sli worked, thx dawg

Same here! Good call!

OK but how do I fix it on AMD?

maybe there is a disabled option in the amd control panel, I have NVIDIA graphic card, don’t really know about AMD, I got the same issue after the game release but not in the beta, I’m tired of doing that have to disabled sli before open the game, there are lots of games don’t support sli, this is the first time I seen this issue

Same here, got two 1080 Tis in SLI and got heavy screen stuttering but when I disable SLI it works perfect.

This happens on PS5 for me when I start the game occasionally, not everytime, usually stops after a while, hard to look at