Ow2 rushed? It's not a problem

From what I got, the engine upgrade handles open areas better to help with the PvE but that is about. The PvE will probably still feel like the archives anyway.

2 Likes

Especially if the main story is just “Go here, capture an objective, go here, fight a boss” type of progression; it’ll get old quick.

2 Likes

No we do get it. It’s just that they literally get to reuse assets, models, and more. Touching up on these things takes less time than new stuff.

With such an established base for dlc, the time to produce should be cut lol.

1 Like

Delayed for 4 years lol. Dunno the scope of this project and what is expected to be delivered but damn it ain’t going fast either way.

1 Like

None of that matters by any industry definition of a sequel. There are sequels with ZERO multiplayer content that are still sequels and there are sequels on the same engine as the original game (there are series that put out 3-4 sequels before changing engines). So like I said your premise is flawed because it ignores 30 years of gaming history to change the definitions of words.

What a sequel must provide: if it is a PvE sequel then it must provide a 8-10 hour campaign that if fully fleshed out. That is it. Some provide token exclusive MP modes (like what OW2 does), but they are not required. I could cite countless examples of sequels with FAR less being offered than what OW2 is offering and they are sequels. You are just outright wrong by every definition of the past 30 years what constitutes a sequel. You can wish the definition was different but that is not the same thing.

Ya ow has to be balanced around higher tiers to you know, even then it’s not about the solo kill combo potential its more so the " I need to face forward to engage the enemy, and I can’t turn around every (insert present sombra cooldown here) seconds to counteract the sombra.

Because that’s not engaging or fun for the tank to do, and it feels horrible for the tank player when it does. Like ball stuck in place for three seconds just about every time he tries to engage, is not fun.

And in an instance where you can stack sombra/McCree(tbr)/brig/ana on one team they could easily make sure that one tank will not be able to block everything. if not any of it.

Not saying that will be (“Meta”) but their are without a doubt instances were that will happen, and it’s going to be miserable for the tank in question. especially for the likes of zarya, hog, ball, and d.va who have very limited or no way to defend against them.

Be it that the rest I’m completely with you their.

And the heroes don’t look that much different from the first iteration. It’s amazing how incompetent blizzard is. And you got soy-filled people on here and say “oh crutch is bad”. Meanwhile many other industries work 12 plus hours and not even one mention of crunch

The “crunch” you are imaging happening at Blizzard happens in literally every single other game that comes out especially games where patch content is common.

The reason I used quotes by the way because what you are considering a “crunch” is actually the standard end game of the development cycle. The core features of OW2 finally have a completion date (core features in this case being defined as campaign, x new heroes, y new maps, engine updates, and hero mode) and as the game will launch when those features are done it is finally time for Blizzard to look at all the secondary features they are working on/planning to work on and decide which will be in launch OW2 and which can come later because you are not going to delay OW2 over workshop improvements.

This is completely standard in this industry and pretty much every major game hits this point in development. The only difference is you do not hear about it because it isnt leaked anonymously to the press.

What happens if that content NEVER comes???

It is not completely normal to have one single patch take 8 months due to sheer incompetence. Nor is the standard to have a lead developer leave one year into an investigation being bosom buddies with Alex. It’s also not standard operating procedure to be sued by an entire State over your horrendous working conditions for other people while virtue signaling that you’re the greatest tolerant and diverse company on Earth.

You see it in any other company the game would have been done but Blizzard’s so incompetent that they’re never going to complete it

1 Like

If you are talking about WoW then that incompetence can be more accurately called COVID and sort of caused everything to be delayed (you really think its a coincidence that most of the industry delayed heavily the past 2 years). So that incompetence as you saw you see in a LOT of game companies.

I am not going to get into the “virtue signaling” debate because typically people who use that phrase are not worth talking to about anything related to morality.

Uh-huh so tell me is blizzard being sued by the state of California? Seems blizzard is knee deep in hypocrisy. As for covid every other industry has adapted to it why cannot blizzard? The answer is easy sheer incompetence. But don’t worry continue defending blizzard I’m sure they’ll give you green text. In fact I will even name you blizzard shill number 743. Imagine defending a multi-billion dollar corporation you paid money to :joy:

Virtue signaling is ate up by people like you anyway people incapable of thinking for themselves.

Say speaking of virtue signaling wasn’t j Allen brack the one that walked out apologize for dropping to his knees for China while wearing a pride pin the same thing that violates their own stance on being political? Or what about stopping appI hate right after J Allen brack banned blizzchung?

I’d continue this conversation but shills only know one thing. Defending multi-billion dollar corporations without thinking for themselves. But you’ll do anything to become an MVP won’t you?

Blizzard please notice me I’m defending you. You’re a damn joke.

1 Like

Forums going to be wild

To be honest the whole pve multiplayer experience is what is putting me off. If it was focused on a single player campaign it might have been a possibility for it to be something awesome, now? Dunno prolly not so much.

Yea, I do not get why that is such a big deal either with the gaming industry. You get huge bonuses as well on big projects that makes lots of mula. Crunch is also during very specific time periods, maybe once every 3-4 years? Depending on the dev cycles. Overtime is such a regular thing and again. Junior lawyers, accountants, analysts, architects, marketing, a damn lot of people do OT, but some do not get paid for it until they get a promotion and salary increase over someone else 5-10 years down the line. I get that the bigger ups that do the least amount of work during these projects in game dev as we have come to known, with most so disorganized and disinterested they barely show up. Still end up with lions share, does not mean the little guy does not get hefty bonuses in the thousands.

2 Likes