Ow2 rushed? It's not a problem

I’ll understand if they’ll just release the new engine, heroes and maps,
and promise to give us the other content overtime.
It’s not a big deal. Nothing deserves to be scrapped, just delayed

14 Likes

Just like they did with OW1 :thinking:

19 Likes

Tell that to the abused devs being worked half to death…

21 Likes

one thing i am wondering still is the pvp part. i remember the rumors that its suppose to be “free” while the pve part is the pay part of the game. i kind of doubt that anything is free tho heh

If they were worked to death there woudl have been at least some results of that work to be seen.

This is not some massive open world game with thousands of quest.

17 Likes

That’s a very naive thing to say. Everything we see is just marketing, nothing else. We don’t see anything before marketing decides so and there’s no saying how much went into any single thing.

Furthermore, every project is massive if there’s a tight deadline. Fifa releases what is basically an update every year and those guys are crunched to a hair while COD devs slept under their tables to meet day 1 patch notes that were written before they were done working on it. Of you think only the big triple A open world are crunching, that’s just not it, sorry. Telltale Games had a history of crunch and they made silly choose your own adventure stories for forks sake.

I’d be surprised if they get paid for the overtime…

18 Likes

They are working on the sequel for 4 years now. And it is not even a new game but just dlc

10 Likes

With the lawsuit it would hurt Blizz even more if things like “The higher ups crunch the devs to rush OW2” are coming out.

Still better than being sexually harassed and driven to suicide, right?

Wow…
Working at blizzard truly is bad, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Mate you really don’t get it do you?

Imagine a team of 6 puts 3 months of regular work hours into X thing for a game. It’s almost done, game releases in 45 days. Everything is fine and dandy, polishing up.

At which point someone who didn’t work on it, decides X thing should be different or bigger somehow, tosses that work, partially or sometimes completely, out the window and then tells the same 3 month work has now to get done before the game goes gold in 30 says… Oh and if you don’t get it with no overtime pay there’s no bonus, okay? Bye see you in 30 days.

Not releasing the game hurts more. The union busting law firm is already hired, it’s not the first time this happens in the industry.

4 Likes

I don’t know. They are in a lose-lose situation. They have to decide on if they want to hurt their bigger IP-s or their companies structure even more.

The bottom line is money. Company structure and devs can die for it.

2 Likes

You talk like there was a lot done to begin with which is not the case based on what was shown. All old stuff, most of which could have been done for the current game.

5 Likes

“What was shown/released” and “what work was done” are two completely separate things.

Go inform yourself a little bit. Crunching has usually very little to do what the products released but just abusive, uncaring, immoral leadership squeezing its talent through poor management hoping to meet a release date before fiscal year by monkey-typewritting features into a game.

14 Likes

Dude you are only assuming stuff while we are talking about actual evidences.

They may or may not have.

And ofc they will crunch if nothing has been done. It comes without saying. The other option is having the game canceled.

1 Like

So am I to assume a game that pushed its esports league, in a company known for its abusive leadership and a hired union buster lawfirm in a industry with an widespread problem of crunching is not gonna do that this time?

Yeah no, I’m older than that. Put pin on these posts here. If we don’t hear about crunching for OW2 I’ll gift you a copy on PC.

In the non Californian world crunch is just overtime. Imagine getting mad sitting in a cushy climate controlled office with tons of amenities with a cafeteria and catering.

Unpaid overtime in abusive offices with the hanging threat of destitution.

The naiveté on display here is genuinely concerning.

1 Like

They’re salary. They chose salary. Imagine being so stupid you choose salary knowing you’re going to crunch.

It’s funny you think they’re the only industry that does that. Why do you think so many dollar stores want people to become managment so fast?

Ah see nothing to refute? The naiveté of idiots who don’t know how the world works.

2 Likes

Greed or Gluttony?

You decide

2 Likes