OW2 is a solo-queuer's wet dream

Well like I said, keep Mercy and “April 2023 Support Hero” in the RPG/MOBA style.

And then push the rest of the Support role closer to the Class Based Shooter style.

i havent touched OW1 since 2019 and returned as of OW2 beta because OW1’s toxic nature solo-queueing.

OW1’s solo queueing is a horrible experience. Valorant is perfectly playable and engaging solo. its obviously gonna be better with friends, but 5v5 and FTUE will really help make OW2 so much more playable and fun solo

I’m pretty neutral on the subject, but I have to wonder at some point…why play OW? As a single player shooter, it’s not really that good. I’m not bashing the game, it just doesn’t have the depth of arena or tac shooters if you start stripping out the team. If you asked me what to play to run around shooting people, I would tell you Quake. If you asked me what to play for team strategy, I would say OW. Without that…what’s the niche outside of people who are already invested?

2 Likes

Yeah I picked up val around 2 months ago and i’m surprised how easy it is to play solo (I usually don’t even get on mic) and still provide value for the team. It’s a fun game, I just wish the matches didn’t last so damn long. I know there is spike rush, but it’s not the same.

That said, other games have tried alternate takes in the “Mercy” direction.

That are certainly a lot less “Passive”.

for me, its the diversity of well-polished gameplay and gunplay, the characters and art, the dynamics and community. all these are unique to Overwatch with the former 2 being the best in industry for multiplayer FPS

im only not a fan of how sweaty and esports-centric valorant is. OW2 is a lot more casual and accessible which will really help it gain a niche

Yeah I agree with this. With valorant, even if I’m playing unranked, I feel like I have to be awake and alert and ready to go… where as with OW I could hop on after a long day of work even if I’m groggy and still have a good time.

i have to warmup for 30 minutes in training range to even stand a chance in Valorant

Bruh why did it autocorrect to that lol

How is medic from TF2 any better?

1. He can basically run just as fast as the fastest enemy
  2. Crossbow
  3. The crazy high crit chance and damage on melee, which will usually oneshot anything that isn’t a Heavy.

And then you got stuff like critheals and overheals.

Time will tell. Matchmaking might still be absolute garbage who knows. At least it cant be worse than ow2 i guess

And duo players i usually just play with my sister

any stack below 4~ gonna be good

Critheals and overheals for Mercy would be amazing, no way Blizzard would give her that though.

1 Like

I could totally see them giving her critheals actually, since it doesn’t give her big pocket heals mid-combat.

Even if it was on a lowish cooldown

It would be a fun game for me if I was able to play it. Since I have cricket wireless I won’t be able to play overwatch 2 however