OW2 is a solo-queuer's wet dream

Nobody forces you to shoot as Lucio. Nobody forces you to do anything other than spamming heals as Bap, etc etc. The whole point is that you CAN do those things without hurting your healing potential. Same can’t be said about mercy. She loses all of her potential as a support the exact second you switch to your pistol. That’s the issue.

LoL is nothing like OW.

Go play CoD if you want to play a game like OW2 instead of OW.

im totally ok with losing. but not in under 2 minutes cause the enemy team demolishes us with cheese strats and no one in ours is doing their job. FPS should be about skill and skill should be rewarded instead of being a sitting duck cause you are merely 5v6

Although to devil’s advocate myself a bit.

I think Mercy, and the “April Support Hero” should be more MOBA/RPGish in design.

But that the rest of the Support role should be DPSified.

That’s exactly why she is my favorite and most played hero bar none in this game. Play a different hero if you don’t like her, not every hero needs to apply to you. You don’t see me asking for Genji to get a hit scan pulse rifle and to lose his mobility so he fits soldier 76’s play style.

1 Like

cod doesnt have the amazing art and diverse charismatic characters. its a cardboard box personality compared to OW. not my cup of tea at all

Than don’t even entertain for a second that LoL is the same as OW1. Its beyond ridiculous you think its equivocal.

I’m glad you like her but that doesn’t change the fact that she is, statistically, the worst support in the game as of now. I liked OW1 bastion but I like OW2 bastion more because he was made more viable. Mercy, whether you like it or not, needs to become viable for the game’s prolonged health as well. It’s a matter of statistic, not opinion.

1 Like

Well when more than 80% of the playerbase agrees with me, and less than 10% agrees with you.

And a large fraction of the players you’re talking about are gonna quit PVP entirely for PVE.

If we’re talking about proportions…

Much less when you factor in the vast majority of new OW2 players is going to come from F2P Shooter games.

More than 90% of the playerbase agrees with me and 1% with you, made up numbers are fun.

(x) doubt

maybe the vocal minority

Its almost like you didn’t read 6 words past that.

As someone who pulls blaster at every opportunity, I support your desire to not do so.

We’re all fiends down here.

1 Like

well tbf, most gamers solo-queue or duo with a friend and don’t have 5 to play with all the time. OW1 is notoriously problematic for solo-queuers and any stacks below 4. many pros said solo queue in OW is a nightmare, many ex-OW players said it

I did, but I’m pretty good at guessing stuff.

And if Kiriko is any indication, (much less Ana, Moira, Zen).

Or how they DPSified Tanks and got their popularity way up.

Really, any sort of complaint you got in mind would need to have more serious consequences than “deliberately not fixing queue times”.

And I estimate there’s a whole heck of a lot of collateral damage they can afford to avoid that.

Like losing anywhere between 10,000 to 50,000 players would be easily worth it.

Man you really don’t care about anything than your own enjoyment do you? So much for OW being an inclusive game for everyone.

being tied down as a playmaker cause a single player your team doesnt do their job is much less inclusive than allowing people to shine and make plays at all times

1 Like

Meh, I always play this game with friends (solo is boring to me) and I main tanks, so yeah I’m definitely bummed over 5v5. Maybe I’m an exception, but I’m still bummed though.

It always confused me how people could play this game alone… not that there is anything wrong with that… but I think it exacerbates feelings of anxiety and this sense that “everyone is toxic!” when you’re going it alone and don’t have friends with you to blow off steam.

I’m saying losing 10,000 to 50,000 players is fine, if it avoids losing or not-gaining 200,000 to 2,000,000 players.

If they competitor games they are trying to recruit off of have 1-2 minute queue times. Then every minute they avoid shaving off represents tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands of players lost.

So you better have a damn good reason for them to take the full negative consequences of bad queue times.

Than they should make supports that are more appealing, not rework mercy so she uses her blaster 24/7 and throws repair packs like brig.