OW2 is a solo-queuer's wet dream

between the focus on individual-gameplay, FTUE, phone number verification to nullify smurfs, ping system, reworks for less CC and less barriers, 5v5

Overwatch 2 is gonna be SO much more fun in solo-queue. OW1 is borderline unplayable soloing and as far as the betas show PLUS the Defense Matrix Initiative, game is gonna be way better for us lone wolves who don’t have 5 people to play with regularly

very underappreciated part of OW2

5 Likes

Pretty much.

Really wonder how many people who bemoan the loss of Tank synergy, were playing in SoloQ, or just duoqueuing.

Now they just need to figure out how to make Supports feel less co-dependant.

1 Like

this is pretty much what ive been saying a lot throughout the years.

they aren’t too bad if you don’t just healbot. mercy is useless but that is because she cant defend herself

I was solo queuing, so at least one!

Agreed, and as much as people seem to hate BPs, it also gives you a goal to strive for when you don’t feel like playing competitive. It will be fun to do some playing alone every now and then since I usually play a couple times a week in a 5 stack with my friends and never solo because of how god awful OW1 solo queue is.

1 Like

I figure if they don’t have at least 1x Support player for every 2x DPS players, then they should just keep buffing Supports in “selfish” ways until they get there.

Or they run into an issue where it’s measurably “too much” of something.

look at kiriko, she is very independent. the only team-reliant support heroes i can think of are brig and mercy to be quite fair.

Right, but I’m generally saying “Buff every Support roughly 30% in value in selfish ways”.

However Mercy would kinda be the expection, that she would still “selfless” buffs.

Since the goal is equalizing the popularity.

1 Like

O lord no, last thing they need to kill is the support category now too.

The problem with mercy is more so the fact that she’s not just team reliant, she is team dependant. A mercy that’s not always protected by her team is usually a dead mercy. Every single other support can deal damage while healing - except mercy. Zenyatta shreds flankers if they don’t catch him off guard. Moira can easily outplay or escape most flankers. Bap has a super strong gun that can burst down any 200 hp enemy with ease. Lucio is the literal king of self sustain and brig was created for the sole purpose of beating up flankers which she can still do perfectly well in OW2.

Give Mercy some self defense. Let her use her pistol while healing or something.

i mean look at Paladins’ supports. they are quite powerful offensively. ive seen supports carry hard in that game. its better to have fun individually than making it a literal dice roll to have any sort of impact. no in-between unfortunately

I don’t care if they make new supports offensively driven, but don’t gut existing heroes because DPS don’t want to play them. Some of us prefer to play heroes like Mercy. I don’t want to be forced to use my pistol.

2 Likes

As someone who never plays with friends, solo queues always, plays only Dva, has wanted to be the only tank for the longest time, ow2 is the best possible outcome for me.

They’re doing things right in my perspective anyway

1 Like

Well you know where I’m at.

I’m pretty comfortable with Overwatch losing some players, in order to gain or not-lose an even bigger number of players.

Especially since a ton of the MOBA/RPG preferenced players are going to quit out PVP for PVE.

Makes no sense to design DPS/Tanks like they come from a Class Based Shooter.

But to design Supports like they come from a MMO/MOBA.

And then expect to get anywhere near to 1x Support player for every 1x DPS player.

1 Like

Than they should make a new game and leave those that like OW1 alone.

Why would they design the game around a tiny minority group of MOBA/RPG preferenced players?

league of legends exists. its actually quite great as a MOBA

OW solo is for people who don’t care about losing.

Ow solo queue is for people who care about winning

Well also like I said above. You know that MOBA/RPG preferenced players are gonna love?

Overwatch 2 PVE.

So if they are gonna have a mass exodus of those sorts of players out of PVP. Then it makes no sense to design PVP around those players.