OW2, Gollum, Redfall, Forspoken, Darktide, etc

Congratulations on throwing away any shred of credibility comparing Overwatch 2 to the likes of Gollum.

It’s getting very tiresome visiting the forums lately with nonsense like that becoming unwelcomely common.

OW2 might be more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, otherwise both games are incomplete bug riddled messes.

4 Likes

The downside of nerds not being in charge of game development. A company run by meatheads is 100% failure.

3 Likes

I hope that is an ironic post?

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity!?

I remember seeing the PC port of Arkham Knight in 2015 and thinking it couldn’t get worse than that. how naive I was

5 Likes

I don’t count OW2 being close to any of the named titles.

2 Likes

Turns out gaming is incredibly complicated, but most people have never touched game development in their lives. So obviously people can’t actually relate in the slightest.

1 Like

All of this games did big promises but delivered so a little.

Blizzard sees this post. Time to make a Gollum type skin for Junkrat.

1 Like

No. I think it’s people seeing a trailer or other bit of marketing and applying their internal wishes to something that doesn’t or cannot exist. In other words, not managing their expectations appropriately.

The pre-launch trailer for Gollum showed it would not be anything other than moderately funded indie title, especially when combined with the lower than average retail price.

2 Likes

Did Forspoken and Redfall had bugs? I heard they were meh or bland, not that they had performance issues.

Redfall I’ve played a lot of and it does have a few bugs here and there but nothing to write home about. I had a similar experience with launch Dishonored and that was not a huge open world game unlike Redfall. No doubt Redfall will be improved but I think people’s issues generally come from some inconsistent design choices and no proper endgame aside from NG+.

I would like to see Arkane given a chance to go back and repurpose Redfall a bit, hopefully we have a NMS redemption arc because I did like a lot about the game and the studio has pedigree.

Where’ve you been? Because people buy them anyway.

Don’t pre-order games, folks.

They mostly fixed all that.

Now it’s just waiting for new Classes to bring back the hype.

Corporate greed, thats why.

Overwatch 2 has a 79 metacritic average. The general populous does not share your hyperbolic opinion that it is unplayable garbage like Gollum and Redfall.

This is why no one takes gamers seriously. You guys are an embarrassment.

You forgot to mention the 1.5 userscore.

7 Likes

From people like the OP who spam zeroes. Thanks for further proving my point.

I look at the user score and it is at a 1.5

And most of this critical where made thinking that they would deliver the pve that they promised later.

2 Likes