OW1 Season 36 Top 500 bug

In the last couple of days of Overwatch 1, I was playing open queue. When the season ended, I was well within the Top 500 requirements and was on the Top 500 leaderboard. However, once I logged into Overwatch 2, it says that I was not placed Top 500, and the Top 500 leader board for that season only has 242 players on it. I did not change my phone number, my email, or my region between when I initially placed Top 500 and now. I also have been using the Battle Net authenticator for over two years and I also qualified for Top 500 as I was initially on the leaderboard.

Can this issue be fixed? At the very least, can I get the Top 500 player icon to compensate? My account is public and I even have a video of me being placed in the Top 500 ranks if you’d like to see it.

I was told to put this here, by Blizzard support.

4 Likes

bump because im experiencing the same thing…

1 Like

Same. Opened a ticket and they said to post here….

1 Like

These top 500 leaderboard bugs haven’t been fixed since launch and there has yet to be an official response. Make sure to post under this thread as well.

Same thing for me. I was rank 47 hours before the servers closed.

1 Like

Hey guys, I noticed something yesterday. If you check the current leaderboard for season 36 top 500 it is only showing masters and above now. Any of us who were top 500 diamond players seem to be unrecognized by the system now for whatever reason. I think that’s the origin behind this bug.

1 Like

Same here, bumping for visibility

2 Likes

A link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Season 36 Missing Top 500 Rewards

Here’s a little bump.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve created a more centralized place to keep our evidence of our missing Top 500 placement and rewards for Season 36. Under my megathread is a new category titled: Season 36 Top 500 Evidence. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. Please post whatever evidence you have to a filesharing website such as Imgur, Youtube, Reddit, etc. and then reply with a shortened URL and your BattleTag to those posts so I can add them to the megathread as well.

Bumping this post again.

Yet another bump for this post.

Surely this new update will fix it, right?

…Right?

1 Like

Unfortunately, it does not appear to be the case this time. Nevertheless, the fight continues.

Another bump for this thread.