OW still has hope it's more fun than HALO

It “made” as in in the past tense. It would functionally be impossible with the current model to replicate that success. What it made does not justify what you can make in the future. The fact that it already made that money does not say what you can do in the future.

Right now, or even 2 years ago when we got our content, OW was not making record breaking profits. It was not making those profits then. So either OW is a game with yearly expansions that you have to spend money on or they move to the standard F2P model. Given that the best way to maximize player count is the latter, I would much rather them move towards that model versus the former.

That doesn’t matter if the HALO games of 20 years ago were slow, irresponsible, clunky, and capped at 30 FPS. They were like that because the consoles at that time “didn’t have the power they have right now” and they had to play the game with those limitations.

It is UNACCEPTABLE that in 2021 you will not release a game that has the MOBILITY of Apex-Legends, CoD or at least Overwatch. And find FANS like you who defend that GAMEPLAY-SLOW at 30 FPS and irresponsive because the original game was like that

It is no longer 2001, it is 2021 and an “ACCEPTABLE” product must be released for the standards that are currently being used. Me and all the people from apex, cod, fornite, bf 2042 are not going to be torturing themselves in a “Slow” game.

OW needs new content.

But yeah it is very fun

You are proposing this to the same forum that complains about having to win 9 games in a week to get a skin. Bad players complained so much that the devs changed the week-long skin events to be longer at the trade-off of progress with a loss.

2 Likes

aaand this is already a terrible idea

Because you said so? are you 5 or something like that?

Nobody teach you on the school you are supposed to say the “Why” of the stuff. “ItS A tERRiBlE IdEa I saId sSO” facepalm

1 Like

i personally am enjoying halo infinite a lot…that said the progression system is terrible but i am still having fun apart from that, hopefully they will add new maps because its a bit light in terms of maps too

Halo are bored skins an repetitive, OW skins very good.

no battle pass what so ever we dont need to be like other games

Not sure why you’re saying this since I never made mention of any of that. No duh that’s how the OG Halo games ran. Try playing the anniversary editions that are in the Master Chief Collection. They run much better.

By mobility, do you mean the ability to sprint (Soldier is the only one in OW (unless you count moves like speed boost, charge, boosters, etc.) so every fps has OW beat in that respect) or the ability to slide (also every fps except OW)? Also, every mainline Halo game since Combat Evolved has had much faster gameplay (not talking about fps just actually gameplay). Personally, Combat Evolved was my least favorite because of the slow, boring, pacing in the campaign. The later games are much better in that respect. Also, really? You’re going to resort to personal attacks?

Halo has a huge fanbase despite the fact the games are “slow.” From what I’ve heard, Infinite has brought back most of the players that Guardians lost. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Also, who is playing Battlefield 2042? From what I heard it runs better on console compared to pc and even then it plays like crap. Not saying there aren’t people who play it, but I would be surprised if there are more people playing that than Halo Infinite, especially since Infinite’s multiplayer is free.

Not trying to force you to like Halo since not everyone will. I’m just stating what makes Halo good as well as pointing out that you can’t compare it to hero shooters since they are both two different types of FPSs.

Those are some wild opinions you got there. These two games aren’t even direct competitors and not only that but halo is a much bigger franchise. You can hope all you like that OW will recover, but I don’t have much hope given the state of ABK and the mess that was left by all the devs leaving.

2 Likes

There has never been a dead halo in history. Ever.

Nobody cares. Maybe there’s a weird batch of overwatch players that play because they’re emotionally attached to the character they play, but counter strike hasn’t been the number one game on steam for decades because people are attached to nameless military characters. People play shooters cause of the gameplay, not lore or character development.

You sound like someone who grew up on fortnite buying skins with your moms credit card, played halo for two hours and think it sucks. All your arguments are “its not like other games so it will die”. Halo is a classic with a huge following, it’s the number three game in steam right now. It’s here to stay.

2 Likes

It’s still beta so it’s definitely rough around the edges. To help first right click game in steam, properties, dlc, uncheck hd textures. In game set minimum fps to your monitors refresh rate and set maximum to 300. Graphic settings to low. Control panel> details> find halo infinite, right click set to high priority. Also make sure you are on the latest gpu driver. This will give you best performance possible. He textures give a lot of people crashes and newest Nvidia driver seems to help too.

Been having a blast with halo. Big team battle is so fun with friends.

1 Like

that’s the thing i did do that and even verified the files, however i think it’s only crashing bc of my trash computer and that it’s heavy demanding on my PC so having it automatically on max graphics will make it crash

is there a way to change the graphics through the files?

(btw i have an all in one so i don’t have a NVIDA card)

Nah bro halo infinite bout to go crazy

1 Like

actually there is a settings folder in your users folder which is usually C:/USERS/“yourcomputerusername-whatever it is”/appdata/local/haloinfinite … then there is a settings file you can open with notebook. looked at it and saw a resolution setting but it is garbled looking so i dont know if there are graphic settings you can tweak… could always try and mess around with it since might as well cant log on anyways

you can always delete that file too and it will remake a default one. that might work

1 Like

HALO-pepega game, ow forever

I’ve always said this, I’d rather there be soft-counters instead of hard counters.

1 Like

Halo hasn’t really been good in quite some time, if we’re all being honest.

Any new FPS that comes and can potential steal playerbase of your game is a RIVAL. People like y ou said apex legends was not direct rival from OW and is the game that burried our game.

Do you even know how many people on the last 3 days went to try HALO and abandoned totally OW? Well a lot

Your vision is too “small” thinking only another “Champions/heros Shooter is a treat for ow” facepalm