OW still has hope it's more fun than HALO

OW is not at all an arena shooter…

1 Like

They have a 250k tournament planned, ngl Halo is the most entertaining esport to watch.

People will always remember master Chief and Cortana. The movement in Halo feels smooth, there’s a slide, grapple pick up. This is the best feeling Halo on PC.

There’s an event next week for some awesome looking armor and they’ll have other events going on through the season.

So ignorant are you?

In OW they implemented the classic ARENA-SHOOTERS weapons such as the rocket launcher, mine launcher, assault / smg rifles, sniper rifles. Oh let me REMIND you something

PHARAH = is rocket launcher
Junkrat = Mine launcher
S76 = assault rifle CoD / Halo character
Tracer = SMG fast machine gun
Zarya = Lighting Gun from quake
Widow = Sniper-rifle. Like RAILGUN on quake

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, better not mess with it lol

Well, let’s see who are the brave ones who waste their time in HALO for the tournament and then retire full of money.

Are you kidding? I’ve been in HALO multiplayer for more than 30 hours and I’m a FANATIC of the STRAFES in OW / APEX. The mobility in HALO feels SUPER SLOW, the character feels heavy, irresponsible, feels very clunky it’s disgusting.

CORTANA and MASTER-CHIEF are characters in the campaign. It is the 4 fourth time that I repeat it and you still do not READ IT. You don’t know how to read or what? HALO multiplayer players is the same character without SOUL, without LIFE with the same armor just different color. They will pass without pain or glory I give HALO 4 weeks to lose 90% of its players

one of my favorite halo 2 montage from like 16 years ago lol. youtube was way different back then

You’re gonna have to try harder to sell a lie like that bud.

For starters, if I want to play with MORE than 6 people I can in Halo.

Battle passes provide a stream of content that isn’t very meaningful, must be paid for, and is time limited

It’s lame

There’s big orgs like Optic, C9, Sentinels, Faze that have skins you can purchase. The purchasing of the skins will go to funding/ prize pools of tournaments.

All the OG Halo players have come back pretty much. Big name’s like Ninja and Snipe down who have made it big from streaming Fortnite and Apex. It’s chill watching them stream it compared to watching dps players on Overwatch sit in 10 minute queues and have to become react Andy’s.

2 Likes

It is also 100% the direction OW is going to have to go once it becomes F2P. Now maybe they can do it more like LoL does with its skins (and making the grind virtually impossible) but at the end of the day the current model of easily obtainable skins via lootboxes and a one time purchase model simply is not working and we see the downsides of it right now.

/s?

Oh… You’re serious.

What downsides exactly? That streamers got bored and poor little Timmy’s attention span can’t handle that someone else got bored for him?

Streamers are cancer to gaming

1 Like

People begging for a battlepass to grind on when the current solution to cosmetics is incredibly equitable and consumer friendly is the saddest late capitalist stuff I have ever seen.

In any case, Halo and Overwatch are about as similar as call of duty and Overwatch. No genuine comparison to be made.

1 Like

Exactly lmao

The only similar thing Halo and Overwatch have is they both use guns. They’re very different from each other.

2 Likes

Where did streamers come into this at all? I can tell you do not like them but they have nothing to do with why the current model for OW does not work.

If you want to know why the current model for OW does not work let me show it with one question: how many people on these forums do you think have every skin in the game or at least every skin in the game they would want? I have that on 2 accounts and more than enough credits on one to buy out an event the moment it goes live if I wanted for the next year. That is a problem because it means I, and the large number who fit into this camp, have ZERO reason to buy skins which means making them is just throwing money away for no reason.

Therefore OW needs a way, if it is to incentivize getting more content, to ensure that they have a way to get a return on the investment of that content and Battlepass is about the only way to make sure that happens.

1 Like

Its also why we are barely getting any content because its not profitable for them to make it. If a business is losing money making content then they are not going to make content which is how we arrived at the current situation.

Is that the case? I don’t think the cost evaluation is as simple as you’re making it out to be. I find it sad that you think buying Bobby Kotick a fifth yacht will get you new stuff for your video game.

I used to play arena shooters pretty religiously. Unreal Tournament 2004 might be one of my most played games ever.

Having weapons in the game that also happen to be in an arena shooter doesn’t make the game an arena shooter. There are actual game mechanics involved. By your definition, Payday 2 is an arena shooter because it has all of these various weapon types.

4 Likes

It is a very generous model, and I enjoy it which is why I’m not mad that the content has dried up. And if the game consistently pulls in new players that have to dig through ever deeper droves of cosmetics to get what they want, then they are still going to make money off of the boxes.

I don’t need Overwatch to be a game that is updated to the end of time. That’s the problem with the direction gaming is going, people feel like these things do need to be updated into infinity.

People get mad that the game stops receiving updates five years after they paid for it. It’s absurd. I mention streamers because they accelerate this behavior for the views. Companies listen and act, and it’s been a pretty bad trend for quality.

I think its sad that all you have to argue with is pointless hyperbole that no one is arguing which it impossible to have an honest dialogue with you but if hyperbole is all you have then this conversation is just not going to go anywhere or be in any way informative to anyone so have a good day and I hope you are satisfied with the limited content we get because that is what you are arguing for.

Pretty much every popular game gets its “updates” though but the form they take varies. For example the OP mentioned Halo and until this year Halo’s updates came in the form of paid DLC or paid sequels. Now they seem to be transitioning their MP over to a F2P model which will have more updates.

Its not that streamers have pushed this model forward; it is that we as players have pushed for this model. Players do not want a game that gets content and then slowly peters out. The majority want a game that gets updates and has longevity which is why games such as Apex, Fortnite, LoL, etc are all popular. That model is what players want. They want to have their favorite game getting content on a frequent basis. The reason that saying this is popular for streamers is because the streamers are echoing what players desire.

2 Likes

Then by this logic Warframe and Borderlands are arena shooters too since they have those weapons.

1 Like